cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LpcXpresso and Eclipse plugins

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by micronpn on Sat Apr 17 05:19:18 MST 2010
I would personalize my Development perspective to include Install new Software and Check for updates. Also I would able to install a pair of eclipse plugins one for help to document the source code with Doxygen and the other to enable git source code versioning management. I installed the plugins unzipping their packages directly on the eclipse sub directory of LpcXpresso but they aren't loaded and the help menu is still the same as before my customization. So... is it possible to install plugins on LpcXpresso? seems to me that it is impossible.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Sun Apr 18 02:17:51 MST 2010
Hi,

Note that we do not support the use of any additional plugins in LPCXpresso. However, you can try installing additional components this slightly convoluted manner (but we do not guarantee this will work).

Help->Help Contents
Search for "installing software wizard"
The first item in the list should be "Installing software using the Install Wizard". Select it
In the displayed help, click on the first link "Help->Install New Software"

This will open the standard install new software wizard.

Note that you [B]can [/B]use additonal plugins in our paid-for products - Red Suite NXP Edition and Red Suite.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by brucesegal on Sat Apr 17 07:23:16 MST 2010
Looks that way to me as well. The full CodeRed Suite does support plugins in the usual eclipse way. I can't really use the LPCXpresso suite as I use several plugins extensively (slickedit and Mercurial are the main ones)
0 Kudos