Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC-link 2 programming error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tyassin on Wed Dec 10 06:27:03 MST 2014
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to program a LPC1114 with a LPC-LINK?
I have tried to connect it up, like the LPCXpresso boards. I just get this error code: "02: Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core."

If anybody know what this means, please help.

Thank you.
10 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tyassin on Wed Dec 10 08:05:18 MST 2014
No...
But now it works :-)

Thank you so much....
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Dec 10 08:00:23 MST 2014
This is all information that you have not told us before. If you are asking for help, it is essential to tell us all the available information.

1. When you power on LPC-Link2, the LED will be on
2. If you are using a recent version of LPC-Link2 firmware, the LED will blink @1Hz when it is idle
3. The LED will blink rapidly when it is active (downloading/erasing etc)

When connecting to your target, you need SWD cable between your target and JP7 on LPC-Link2.

If none of this helps, you are going to need to explain EXACTLY what you have done, how you have connected your target etc.

BTW: I recommend that you upgrade to LPCXpresso v7.5.0
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Dec 10 07:54:09 MST 2014
Did you close JP2 of Link2 ?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tyassin on Wed Dec 10 07:47:32 MST 2014
Just a last piece of info.
When I power ON the LPC-LINK 2 the red LED is lit up. As sson as I press the "Program flash" button, the LED starts to blink.
If I use one of the old LPCXpresso boards with LPC-LINK to program my device everything is fine. So I guess it must be something with the LPC-LINK 2....

Regards

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Dec 10 07:29:04 MST 2014
So, you have a hardware problem... The error means that we cannot 'see' the device. Check SWD, Check power, Check everything
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tyassin on Wed Dec 10 07:26:15 MST 2014
Hi

Just to be clear :-) No matter how I connect up my device, I get the same error. If I have a device or not, I get same fault.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Dec 10 07:06:36 MST 2014
To erase the flash, we have to connect to the target.

Please follow the instructions in the FAQ that I posted.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Wed Dec 10 07:06:29 MST 2014

Quote: tyassin
I have no target connect I just select "Erase flash memory".

:quest:

You have no target connected?

Anyway, if LPC-Link isn't able to work with you target board, SWD is not working and the next step is to boot into ISP as already suggested...

If your target board is a custom board it's time to check your hardware / SWD connection...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by tyassin on Wed Dec 10 06:49:22 MST 2014
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

My problem is, I open LPCXpresso and connect the LPC-LINK 2 and then press "Program Flash" button. I have no target connect I just select "Erase flash memory".
This is when I get that error. I have also put on a pin header on J6 and then tried to program my device, but I get the same error.

Regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Dec 10 06:35:07 MST 2014
It means exactly what it says - the debugger cannot connect to the core (mcu). For possible causes and solutions, see
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access
0 Kudos