显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

IDE 5.14 Console View Disappeared

626 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Sat Jan 26 04:04:50 MST 2013
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]I am retrying LPCXpresso 5.14 because of debug problems the last time (with 5.0) (another story for another thread).

I lost the console (and the related 'problems', 'trace', etc) view(s).

I had maximised to to read some very long lines, then clicked minimise (the small blank rectangle icon with the tool tip 'Minimize' right?).

Instead of reverting to how it was, it just disappeared taking other 'tabs' with it:mad:.

I tried the usual menu option: "Window/Show View/Other/Console" but absolutley no change to anything at all in the IDE window.:confused:

So (a) why did it just decide to run away, and (b) *More Importantly* how do I get it back (where it was under the editor thingy).

This is a bit of a show stopper, as I can't cut/paste all the errors and details that pertain to the debugger issues!:(

Mike.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 项奖励
回复
6 回复数

618 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Sun Jan 27 09:57:14 MST 2013
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]
Quote: Rob65
Could we please stop opening new threads on how bad the tools are and how disappointed some of us are with the tools.

I am an early adopter of the LPCXpresso tools and have been using it on a large number of PCs. All that without too much problems - and the problems I could solve reading the manual or the FAQs.

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote: Rob65
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]

And then ... when you are not able to find a solution to a (self inflicted?) problem, then don't blame it on the tools, don't start shouting this is a buggy product, don't complain about the fact that you have a problem with Eclipse of the Gnu tools.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]

Instead, just ask your question and be thankful for the provided answer.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]
Only that way you'll keep us responsive on this forum.

I think it is getting time for Code Red or NXP to moderate this forum and to warn some users about their continuous negative moods.[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]
Please keep remembering that you don't have to use the (free) LPCXpresso tools, you can always buy a professional tool suite and stop complaining here :mad:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]

Rob, I'll admit that I am quick to voice negatative opinions whether they are always justified upon a more mature reflection. And I can be wrong as much as anyone else.

There is a lot of merit to your post; however ...

a) I am not one to keep silent about a perceived (real or otherwise) problem for fear of ruffling someone's feathers.

b) If a user interface relies on non-obvious settings, has deeply buried menu items or dialogs, is counter to the expectations of the concentus, or needs a detailed search of the documentation, it has failed the central tenet of interface design (I took a UI design course as part of my HND). The very fact of expanatory FAQ's indicates that the documentation has failed in its prime purpose.

c) There is a 'weighting' factor involved. If, when I design an application, I put in special effort (one time) to make the UI good, this has benefits for 1000's (I should be so lucky) of users. In conrast, if I take the easy way out, I save my efforts (once), but condem 1000's of my users to hassle and extra time to perform their tasks. And, for daily use type applications, this is multiplied on up by the usage factor per user.

I believe that if a tool/application/hardware design is, shall we say frustrating, it is our duty to complain about problems and suggest usability improvements to the authors.

If no one says anything, there can be no change for the better. [This one of the reasons that open source is so spectatularly effective.]

How much of [I]your[/I] time did you have to spend researching problems, and how much did that directly benefit all the other users?

[B]I agree[/B] that the tone usually taken (an I include myself in this) is often quite accusatory rather than discursive; I will try to moderate the strength of my feelings in future; usually, there is time pressure involved.

But, (big but) there [I]has[/I] to be a mechanism for criticism in order for products to get better/easier to use/and correct bugs.

Whether a product is free or not is largely irrelevant; paid authors [I]should[/I] be expected to respond, freeware authors may decline to make updates (for whatever reason or whim), but they should so state -- not maintain a silence.

Mike

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 项奖励
回复

618 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Sun Jan 27 08:03:07 MST 2013
Could we please stop opening new threads on how bad the tools are and how disappointed some of us are with the tools.

I am an early adopter of the LPCXpresso tools and have been using it on a large number of PCs. All that without too much problems - and the problems I could solve reading the manual or the FAQs.

And then ... when you are not able to find a solution to a (self inflicted?) problem, then don't blame it on the tools, don't start shouting this is a buggy product, don't complain about the fact that you have a problem with Eclipse of the Gnu tools.

Instead, just ask your question and be thankful for the provided answer.
Only that way you'll keep us responsive on this forum.

I think it is getting time for Code Red or NXP to moderate this forum and to warn some users about their continuous negative moods.
Please keep remembering that you don't have to use the (free) LPCXpresso tools, you can always buy a professional tool suite and stop complaining here :mad:
0 项奖励
回复

618 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by virgilius on Sat Jan 26 22:10:21 MST 2013
The ultimate version is an unfinished product,buggy and clumsy. I am sure they lough of those guys who are testing it...:p
0 项奖励
回复

618 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat Jan 26 10:50:06 MST 2013
You seem very keen on blaming the IDE, but have you bothered reading the Help?

Look in
Workspace User Guide
   Concepts
     Views

This is standard Eclipse, as used by millions of developers. Perhaps it is you...
0 项奖励
回复

618 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Sat Jan 26 05:34:14 MST 2013
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]Thanks Zero. A life saver.:)

Of course, then I have to recustomise all my window positions,  (and toolbars? when I get round to chucking the dross, and who knows what else?).

Since this (inocent looking) button screws you over so very badly -- and so very easily --, I am tending to the opinion that this is design negligence of almost criminal proportions which surely should have been caught (and fixed!) during usage testing.:(

That's me; what do you (and others) think about this (and other quality) issues.

Of course, once you know, you know, but that first time is a real shocker.
Also, since the buttons are so small and so close together, it is almost certailny going to happen again:(.
(Come on guys, this is basic UI Design 101:eek:)

[/SIZE][/FONT]
0 项奖励
回复

618 次查看
lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Sat Jan 26 04:43:13 MST 2013

Quote:
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]*More Importantly* how do I get it back (where it was under the editor thingy).
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Window->Reset Perspective... :eek:
0 项奖励
回复