Error Opening RedlinkServer telnet session...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Opening RedlinkServer telnet session...

Jump to solution
NIB
Contributor I

Hello,

i have a Problem to connect my  LPC55S28-EVK via the On-Board Debugger with MCUExpresso. If i press the Debug Button, loaded the gpio_led_output example before by the SDK, i get the error message "An internal error occurred during: "Opening RedlinkServer telnet session..."".

error3.jpg   error2.jpg

error1.jpg

I saw an older post with the same error, but it wasn't solved.

Thanks, Nicolas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that in your case there is some other application (firewall? FireBird? ) server is using the same port. Therefore, it is blocking access to one of the localhost TCP/IP ports that the IDE is trying to use to communicate with redlinkserv executable. You might be able to identify this using info such as:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48198/how-can-you-find-out-which-process-is-listening-on-a-port-...

However, removing one of the ports from the default list in the IDE should not cause any issues as long as at least a couple of ports are free. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI NIB 

To identify the problem is on board side or PC side, please test your board on another computer. can it be connected?

on PC, please install the latest MCUXpresso IDE 11.5.0 and SDK2.11

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
NIB
Contributor I

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version mentionated.

Tried with the same board in another PC running an example of SDK and it works. But with the same PC and board the error remains. Both PCs have Windows 10. And the protocol of instalation was identical.

Thanks, NIB.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To avoid old association,  create a NEW workspace and NEW project, test connection. how does it work?

0 Kudos
NIB
Contributor I

That doesn't works. Definitively it's any problem with the PC, cause i tried with another computer of the lab and i can debug examples of the SDK.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems that in your case there is some other application (firewall? FireBird? ) server is using the same port. Therefore, it is blocking access to one of the localhost TCP/IP ports that the IDE is trying to use to communicate with redlinkserv executable. You might be able to identify this using info such as:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48198/how-can-you-find-out-which-process-is-listening-on-a-port-...

However, removing one of the ports from the default list in the IDE should not cause any issues as long as at least a couple of ports are free. 

0 Kudos
NIB
Contributor I

It's that! The process of firebird "fbserver.exe" is blocking the port that want be used debugging the project from mcuxpresso.

error1.jpg

I don't know how edit the default list of ports TCP from the IDE, but uninstall Firebird was a solution.

0 Kudos