cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disapearing Topics?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Tue Sep 29 01:12:37 MST 2015
On at least two occaisions, I have gone to some trouble to frame replies to topics in the various sub-forums only to find a day or so later that the
entire topic has gone. Taking my posts with them!

I don't know if the original poster or the admin is responsible for erasing the topic or if there is some sort of bug with this website.

Either way, this very annoying as I do not like wasting what little free time that I have, and usually only answer questions that I hope
will appeal or be of use to a wider audience than just the original poster.

Can you explain what happened please NXP.

Regards, Mike
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MikeSimmonds on Tue Sep 29 03:54:15 MST 2015
Thank you for your reply (Support) and your support (starblue).

Is it possible, perhaps, somewhere in the forum administration, to only allow the thread creator to delete a thread if no replies have been made.
This is certainly the case for a vBulletin site I frequent.

And I seem to remember that I could not edit my original postings if there were replies; but that may have been on another site.
[The previous support site?]

Regards, Mike.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Tue Sep 29 03:32:34 MST 2015
I also strongly dislike disappearing threads, so it would be nice if you could disallow deleting threads by the original poster.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Sep 29 03:07:27 MST 2015
The only threads being deleted by admins are the very occasional spam - which certainly aren't getting comments posted to them by users such as yourself before they are killed.

And we certainly haven't noticed any threads we have posted into to being deleted in the way you say. Thus I can only imagine that you have been unlucky enough to post in a couple of threads that the original thread creator has for some reason chosen to delete them.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos