cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 byte wchar issue

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wdawson61 on Wed Aug 10 10:21:01 MST 2011
I'm getting the following error I assume because relib is built with 4-byte wchars and I'm forcing 2-byte wchar to conserve flash space.  Is there any way to acquire a 2-byte wchar version of redlib?

My executable seems to be working correctly, I just wanted to ensure the warning are ok.

-Wade

Quote:
/usr/local/lpcxpresso_4.0.5_113/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: warning: /usr/local/lpcxpresso_4.0.5_113/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb2/libcr_nohost.a(__sys_rename.o) uses 4-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 2-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail

1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Thu Aug 11 00:51:09 MST 2011
Redlib makes no use of wchar's, so you should be safe to ignore this warning, or disable it by adding "[SIZE=2][B][FONT=Courier New]--no-wchar-size-warning[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]" switch to

Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> MCU Linker -> Miscellaneous -> Other options

Regards,
CodeRedSupport