cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128Kbytes limit

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by eduardo.av.goncalves on Wed Jan 05 10:22:27 MST 2011
Anyone knows what the Red Suite free version 128Kbytes limit is all about? :confused:

I've tried to download the FreeRTOS demo for the LPC1343 and I got already a message from the debugger stating that the 128Kbytes limit had been exceeded.

thanks   :)

Original Attachment has been moved to: 1100948_LCDblinky.zip

0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Mon Jan 10 01:43:39 MST 2011
In the first place, try a different USB cable and then check the following FAQ:

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/LPCLinkNotFound

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by eduardo.av.goncalves on Mon Jan 10 01:23:57 MST 2011
As indicated by another post I tried to reinstall the software.
I didn't unistall the driver.

Now although the installation of LPCxpresso went fine everytime I plug the PLC1343 board Windows XP claims that the USB device was not recognized.
When I try to update the driver Widnows XP claims that no update is necessary.
When I try to remove the device and plug it back in I'm back tio the begining where windows XP claims that the USB device was not recognized.

Help :D
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Wed Jan 05 12:49:41 MST 2011

Quote: eduardo.av.goncalves
Anyone knows what the Red Suite free version 128Kbytes limit is all about? :confused:

I've tried to download the FreeRTOS demo for the LPC1343 and I got already a message from the debugger stating that the 128Kbytes limit had been exceeded.

thanks   :)

The LPCXpresso IDE does impose a limit of 128KB on the files it will allow to be downloaded into flash (the paid for Red Suite product increases/removes this limitation).

However I presume that your issue is that the LPCXpresso IDE is failing to download your image, even though it is smaller than 128KB in size?

As "TheFallGuy" suggests searching the forum using google should pull up several previous instances of this problem. The most recent of these I think is the following thread....

http://knowledgebase.nxp.com/showthread.php?t=925

If this doesn't help, then please provide more details including the version of LPCXPresso IDE being used, the actual error seen and the OS you are running on (and whether this is running natively or under a virtual machine).

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Luis Digital on Wed Jan 05 12:40:06 MST 2011

Quote: Zero
It's a 128k limit for debugging / downloading.
The compiler isn't limited :), so you compile a hex file and use FlashMagic to program.

Or USB Bootloader.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Wed Jan 05 10:38:26 MST 2011
It's a 128k limit for debugging / downloading.
The compiler isn't limited :), so you compile a hex file and use FlashMagic to program.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Wed Jan 05 10:26:19 MST 2011
There have been a number of posts on this forum reporting similar failures. IIRC There were a number of solutions posted.

Try searching the forum and see what pops up. [use google and site:knowledgebase.nxp.com as the forum search is pretty poor]
0 Kudos