cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems building LPCOpen v.1.02 examples

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bowerymarc on Wed Apr 10 15:43:41 MST 2013

I've downloaded LPCOpen v1.02, and lpcxpresso_5.1.2_2065, to try to do some SD Benchmarking using the Hitex Eva 4350 board.

I've imported the following projects into my workspace:

lpc18xx_43xx_lib_lpc_board

lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_board_lib

lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_board_lib_m0

lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc

On the first library (lpc_board) I selected the hitex_eva_4350 build target.  I'm able to build all 3 libraries with no errors.  But when I build the sdmmc project I get this:

<code>18:12:28 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc ****</code><code>make -j4 all </code><code>Building file: Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/rtc.c</code><code>Building file: Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/fs_mci.c</code><code>Invoking: MCU C Compiler</code><code>Invoking: MCU C Compiler</code><code>Building file: Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/sdmmc.c</code><code>arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"fatfs/rtc.d" -MT"fatfs/rtc.d" -o "fatfs/rtc.o" "Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/rtc.c"</code><code>arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"fs_mci.d" -MT"fs_mci.d" -o "fs_mci.o" "Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/fs_mci.c"</code><code>Invoking: MCU C Compiler</code><code>arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"sdmmc.d" -MT"sdmmc.d" -o "sdmmc.o" "Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/sdmmc.c"</code><code>In file included from Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/rtc.c:14:0:</code><code>../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx/chip.h:32:24: fatal error: sys_config.h: No such file or directory</code><code>compilation terminated.</code><code>make: *** [fatfs/rtc.o] Error 1</code><code>make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....</code><code>In file included from ../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/fsmci_cfg.h:43:0,</code><code>                 from Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/fs_mci.c:32:</code><code>../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/board.h:35:38: fatal error: board_hitex_eva_18504350.h: No such file or directory</code><code>compilation terminated.</code><code>make: *** [fs_mci.o] Error 1</code><code>In file included from Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/sdmmc.c:33:0:</code><code>../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/board.h:35:38: fatal error: board_hitex_eva_18504350.h: No such file or directory</code><code>compilation terminated.</code><code>make: *** [sdmmc.o] Error 1</code><code>
</code><code>18:12:31 Build Finished (took 2s.437ms)</code>

I get the same errors when trying other projects (e.g. freertos_blinky)

what's really odd is, they compile OK with the OSX version of LPCXpresso, but not the windows one!  (I had to switch because the Keil ULINK2 apparently isn't supported in the OSX version, even though the device is a bog-stock USB HID as far as the OS is concerned and needs no drivers).

Anyone have a clue what's going on??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bowerymarc on Mon Apr 15 16:34:44 MST 2013

ha! it was file path limit!  I put it in the 'recommended' (should read - necessary!) location of C:\LPCOpen_v1.02 and now it all compiles.  (it would be nice if there was a 'character count' of how much path you could append...)

so now all my code will be stuck in that directory structure if I want to base it on the examples, since it's depending on the tricky relative filnames.

a better way to organize LPCOpen would have been to define an environment variable in the project(s) (e.g. LPCOpenRoot) - you can make a file that will be read in on import to define it to your current absolute path (but then it's just an env. variable, and could be edited) - and then base all the includes off that (e.g. $(LPCOpenRoot)/software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common) - this is the better way of dealing with this kind of thing in Eclipse.

so to add to quickstart guide:

1. you only need the boardlib project for your board plus the project you're interested in

2. put your code tree at C:\LPCOpen  

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Apr 15 10:10:00 MST 2013

Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is that the filepaths may be hitting the Windows limit for length (255 characters?). We have seen (similar, but not exactly the same) error messages when the LPCOpen tree is installed far away from the root drive.

<span style="background-color: #ffffff; font-family: monospace; font-size: 14px;">Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/</span>

Can you try installing the LPCOpen tree closer to the root drive? (maybe c:/BEA/LPCOpen) See http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/_l_p_c_o_p_e_n__d_o_w_n_l_o_a_d.html

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bowerymarc on Mon Apr 15 09:20:50 MST 2013

Hi Kevin, You are looking at the errors generated <strong>when importing with 'copy projects to workspace' checked, which is not correct, we know that.</strong>  Please focus on the original post, that is the complete console output where you can see the relative paths, etc.  This is where I import the correct way, not copying the project into the workspace dir.

You can see where I installed LPCOpen from my original post (<span style="background-color: #ffffff; font-family: monospace; font-size: 14px;">Y:/BEA/ioti/software/lpcSDBenchmarking/LPCOpen_v1.02/</span>)  I unzipped it and did not move any of the subdirectories around or anything.

Thanks,

Marc 

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Apr 15 09:09:00 MST 2013

For reference, here is my full build for the release version minus the board lib:

<pre>09:03:00 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc ****
make all
Building file: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c
Invoking: MCU C Compiler
arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DNDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"fatfs/ff.d" -MT"fatfs/ff.d" -o "fatfs/ff.o" "C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c"
Finished building: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c

Building file: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/rtc.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DNDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"fatfs/rtc.d" -MT"fatfs/rtc.d" -o "fatfs/rtc.o" "C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/rtc.c"
Finished building: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/rtc.c

Building file: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/startup_code/cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DNDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.d" -MT"cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.d" -o "cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.o" "C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/startup_code/cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.c"
Finished building: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/startup_code/cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.c

Building file: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/fs_mci.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DNDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"fs_mci.d" -MT"fs_mci.d" -o "fs_mci.o" "C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/fs_mci.c"
Finished building: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfslpc/fs_mci.c

Building file: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/sdmmc.c
arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DNDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -Os -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"sdmmc.d" -MT"sdmmc.d" -o "sdmmc.o" "C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/sdmmc.c"
Finished building: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/applications/lpc18xx_43xx/examples/periph/periph_sdmmc/sdmmc.c

Building target: lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"../../../hitex_eva_4350_board_lib/Release" -Xlinker -Map="lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -T "4350.ld" -L "../../../../../tool_configs/lpcxpresso_linker_scripts" -o "lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.axf"  ./fatfs/ff.o ./fatfs/rtc.o  ./cr_startup_lpc18xx43xx.o ./fs_mci.o ./sdmmc.o   -llpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_board_lib
Finished building target: lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.axf

make --no-print-directory post-build
Performing post-build steps
arm-none-eabi-size "lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.axf"; # arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary "lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.axf" "lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.bin" ; checksum -p LPC4350 -d "lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.bin";
   text       data        bss        dec        hex    filename
  24608          4       6440      31052       794c    lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc.axf

09:03:06 Build Finished (took 6s.194ms)

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Mon Apr 15 09:06:00 MST 2013

<code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;">&gt;22:38:36 **** Build of configuration Debug for project lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc ****</code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New';">make -j4 all </code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New';">make: *** No rule to make target `Y:/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c', </code><code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New';"><code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;">&gt;</code>needed by `fatfs/ff.o'.  Stop.</code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; min-height: 11px;">
</code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;"><code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;">&gt;</code>22:38:37 Build Finished (took 891ms)</code>

Yes, this error is a bit odd. The relative path seems wrong. We did test with toolchain 5.1.2_2065 and I just re-tested on my platform (both DEBUG and RELEASE) with Version: LPCXpresso v5.1.2 [Build 2065] [2013-02-20]

&gt;<code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New';">`Y:/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c</code>

What is the full path for the installation? Both the software and applications directory need to be in a directory (usually LPCOpen) or the relative paths won't work correctly.

like this: Y:/LPCOpen/software/... and Y:/LPCOpen/applications/...

Here is the full output from my compiler for that file. Noth paths are relative to you project.

<pre>Invoking: MCU C Compiler</pre>
<pre>arm-none-eabi-gcc -D__REDLIB__ -DDEBUG -D__CODE_RED -DCORE_M4 -I"../../../../../../../software/CMSIS/CMSIS/Include" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_ip" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfs/src" -I"../../../../../../../software/filesystems/fatfslpc" -I"../../../../../examples/periph/periph_sdmmc" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_18xx_43xx" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_chip/chip_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/board_common" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350" -I"../../../../../../../software/lpc_core/lpc_board/boards_18xx_43xx/hitex_eva_18504350/hitex_eva_4350" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-builtin -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fsingle-precision-constant -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mthumb -MMD -MP -MF"fatfs/ff.d" -MT"fatfs/ff.d" -o "fatfs/ff.o" "C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c"
Finished building: C:/nxp/v1.02/LPCOpen_v1.02/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c
 </pre>

If all else fails, can you attach your full build log to your post as a file so we can look at it?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bowerymarc on Sun Apr 14 20:21:27 MST 2013

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still having the same problem.  Some comments:

- both @Wouter and @wellsk assumed my problem was copying the projects into the workspace (an excellent suggestion, when I was Newbie I had puzzled over this option) without actually trying that to see the result... this is what I get when I import the two projects and try to compile the sdmmc project:

<code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;">22:38:36 **** Build of configuration Debug for project lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc ****</code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New';">make -j4 all </code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New';">make: *** No rule to make target `Y:/software/filesystems/fatfs/src/ff.c', needed by `fatfs/ff.o'.  Stop.</code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; min-height: 11px;">
</code> <code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;">22:38:37 Build Finished (took 891ms)</code>

- I also tried a fresh workspace, and a fresh workspace and fresh unzip of the archive, and a fresh workspace with a fresh download and unzip of the archive (LPCOpen 1.02).  All give me exactly the same error

- it's great (for someone else...) that this might work with the 5.1.0 toolchain, but I'm using the latest 5.1.2_2065 toolchain and I'm not aware of anywhere I could even get earlier versions, I didn't see them on the code-red website.  @Wouter if you're game perhaps you can upgrade and attempt the same compilation I am.

- the problem I'm having is on Win XP (SP2).  Using the OSX toolchain (same version), everything compiles fine.  Unfortunately, for some odd reason, the ULINK2 isn't supported on OSX (even though, it's a driverless HID peripheral).

- the info that I only need the board lib and the project of interest is great to know, and doesn't exist anywhere except this thread....  The quickstart guide has you importing <em>all</em> of the projects in your eval board directory.  (Which, by the way, I also tried, and got the same error).

- the files it says it can't find during compilation, I can find by manually opening them with 'open declaration' right click.  I.e. I got to rtc.c line 14 and select 'chip.h' and right click and select 'open declaration' which opens chip.h, and then select 'sys_config.h" on line 32 of chip.h and right click and select 'open declaration' and it opens sys_config.h.  All of the errored files are openable this way.  The only thing I can think of is that there's a disconnect somewhere deep in the project setup with the Include file relative pathnames, since chip.h isn't at the same level of the LPCOpen heirarchy as the project, maybe it's missing the board directory where sys_config.h is.  There are benefits and drawbacks to putting relative pathnames in eclipse projects, there were of course engineered by whover made LPCOpen outside of eclipse, since within eclipse, it only writes absolute paths into the .project/.cproject files.

So... I'm still stuck. 

Thanks again,

Marc

<code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;"></code>

<code style="margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Courier New'; color: #103ffb;"></code>

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Thu Apr 11 08:14:00 MST 2013

Wouter is pretty much on target with the procedure. The project import process requires importing the projects without copying the files. You can also follow the procedure at http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/

Go to LPCOpen Quickstart Guides-&gt;LPCOpen examples-&gt;LPCOpen examples for the 18xx/43xx devices

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Wouter on Thu Apr 11 04:39:04 MST 2013

Hi,

To compile the lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc exmaple in LPCXpresso, you're only required to import the lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_periph_sdmmc project and the lpc43xx_hitex_eva_4350_board_lib project.

I just imported these two project in a clean workspace from a fresh extracted LPCopen package, and was able to successfully compile them with LPCXpresso V5.1.0. Please make sure, when importing the project, you do not copy the projects into your workspace (i.e do not check "copy projects into workspace", as described in the <a href="http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/_q_u_i_c_k_s_t_a_r_t__l_p_c_o_p_e_n__t_o_o_l_c_h_a_i_n__x_p_r_e_s_s_...">quickstart</a>).

You may want to download and extract the LPCopen libraries again, to make sure none of the projects have become corrupted, and import the projects in a new, clean workspace.

If you keep having problems after these steps, please let us know!

Regards,

Wouter

0 Kudos