cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin slow animation

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Arti4ever on Thu Apr 17 02:46:07 MST 2014
Hi,

I am currently working on a projet with emWin 5.24, a LPC1788 running at 120MHz and 7" display (800x480).

I have a issue using the animation functions (GUI_MEMDEV_MoveInWindow(), GUI_MEMDEV_FadeInWindow(), etc), animations are very, very slow.
Beside animation functions, the overall reactivity is very good.

I wondering if the LPC1788 is powerfull enough to make smooth animations with these functions.

Is there some optimisations I can make ?
Does anyone have a solution to do smooth animations ?

Regards,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Apr 22 08:33:39 MST 2014
Hi Arti4ever,
What is the resolution in bit per pixel(bpp)? I think  high bpp alongwith 800x600 pixel resolution will take lots of bandwidth. You can reduce your bpp if your application allows.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Arti4ever on Tue Apr 22 07:23:04 MST 2014
Hi mc,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried with the EMC clock a 80MHz and this is indeed faster but the animations are still laggy.
I suppose the LPC1788 is not good for that.
I'll try with the LPC4357 with the EMC at 102Mhz to see if is enough to run smooth animation.

But i'm surprised because i have try the GUI provided by IS2T, and this kind of annimation (like page swapping, etc) are very good.
I though that with emWin this will be even faster. Apparently not.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Fri Apr 18 07:29:36 MST 2014
Hi Arti4ever,
Library is optimized.  Display is large so, lots of data is going through EMC. Here you can try two options first and let us know the difference.

1) Run M3 core at 120MHz and EMC interface at 60Mhz
2) Run M3 core at 80MHz and EMC 80MHz

You are using memory device, I think second option may work better.

Please post results here.
0 Kudos