Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boot mode for usb

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Thu Jul 31 03:32:45 MST 2014
hi,

I have a query with regard to the boot mode support on the lpc43xx in a scenario that is described as follows

Assume  currently SPIFI and USART3 boot modes supported on a platform,

and Suppose that on this platform , There is a USB to UART bridge chip that gets connected on one end to the lpc USART3 .

For some reason , we attempt to try to remove this bridge from the platform  , what is the implication of this on the boot mode of the platform that earlier used to boot from USART3 ?

Can the device still boot from USART3 or it needs to now newly support to boot from USB0/1 .  If new boot mode is required at all, is it easier to support this mode additionally.

Thanks in advance,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by heema on Sun Sep 21 22:39:10 MST 2014
this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by pra18 on Thu Jul 31 13:25:15 MST 2014
Hi,

I use lpc4350.

Can I know why you say there will be no change in boot mode or we dont need to support USB boot mode in this case.

since in this case a CDC USB needs to be in adde newly in the  firmware, still there is no need for newly supporting USB boot mode?

Or to put it in another way, under which scenario do you think the USB boot mode needs to be supported in a design.

Thanks,
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Jul 31 10:50:00 MST 2014
Hi pra18,
Disconnecting UART to USB bridge will not change boot behavior. You just need to make sure that boot jumpers are at proper place.
BTW,  which device in LPC43xx series are you using?
0 Kudos