add another ethernet port with lpc43s67-a70cm

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add another ethernet port with lpc43s67-a70cm

i_am_chenkc
Contributor II

We are using the NXP OM13086 ( lpc43s67-a70cm kit) as our evaluation board.

And we would like to add one more ethernet port with the board

to get the data from original ethernet port and transfer to the new port.

Is it possible to do so with lpc43s67 ?

If yes, any suggesstion ?

If no, any suggestion for other kit/evb-board ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi eric chen
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
I'd highly recommend you to use Ethernet Controller such as ENC28J60 to add another Ethernet port.
On LPCXpresso LPC43S67 board, J3 provides the SPI interface which is able to connect a ENC28J60 Ethernet controller development board
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i_am_chenkc
Contributor II

hi jeremy zhou,

Thank you for the quick reply.

If the SPI interface (J3) is already reserved for other purpose,

is there any other suggestion ?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Thanks for your reply.
Maybe you can use the SSP interface which is capable of communicating the external chip via the SPI protocol.
And the LPC43S67 contains two SSP interfaces.
Hope this helps.
Have a great day.
TIC
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

i_am_chenkc
Contributor II

Hi jeremy zhou,

Thanks for the explanation.

Is there any porting guide or reference for the ENC28J60 Ethernet controller development board ?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric Chen,

Thanks for your reply.

You can find the datasheet and application note of the ENC28J60 via the below link.

ENC28J60 - Interface and Networking - Ethernet Controllers 

Have a great day.
TIC
0 Kudos