Windows Composite Device USB Enumeration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Composite Device USB Enumeration

samuelguido
Contributor II

I'm using the LPC54628 micro and I'm having trouble getting windows to enumerate a composite USB device and install the drivers.

1). CDC device alone, windows installs the drivers fine and the CDC shows up as a COM port within the device manager.

2). MSC device alone, windows installs the drivers fine and the SD card shows up as a disk and all is good.

3). Running the demo lpcxpresso_54628_dev_composite_cdc_msc_..., windows will enumerate the MSC and SD card shows up as a disk and appears to be working, but windows does not install the drivers for the CDC. The CDC ends up in the "Other Devices" in the device manager (shown below). I changed the name of the CDC to "COMMIX". 

FYI, On a MAC both the CDC and MSC as a composite device work great so I don't think there is anything wrong with the demo code.

I checked all the USB descriptors and they are the same as the standalone CDC which works fine. Am I missing something? Does some INF file in windows need to be updated? 

samuelguido_0-1605909737770.png

Thank you!

Sam...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

samuelguido
Contributor II

Jun,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't realize there was the inf/cat files in the SDK demo folders. That did work, but it appears to change the inf file, it will have be signed because it fails the windows signature test.

Now it appears that I need to sign and create a cat file in order to change the USB VID/PID?

Is this true?

Thank you,

Sam...

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sam

If your PID and VID are different, modify fsl_ucwxp.inf to use your VID and PID.

you don't need modify cat file.

Best Regards

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

bressan
Contributor III

Do you have Windows < Win10?

If yes, or if you wanna try nevertheless, you can write a custom .inf file where the CDC part is added to the spec. interface as MI_00 / MI_01.

See appended example of a composite device.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I tested demo lpcxpresso_54628_dev_composite_cdc_msc of SDK2.8.2 on both 64bit win10 and 32bit xp platform. there is no issue. it is well recognized.

On xp,  when connect usb0, we see detect other device.jpg. then install usb driver from inf folder of the demo project, windows will recognize it. see device installed.JPG.

I attach the inf folder I used. 

Please note, I use the default inf files inside the SDK2.8.2 dev_composite_cdc_msc demo folder. 

According to SDK license agreement, we can't provide support of revising code to support other special purpose.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi samuelguido

I can't reproduce your issue.]

What's your SDK version? Can you reproduce this issue on another windows PC? thus we can identify the problem is on SDK or your windows system.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos