What is the LPC812 brown out detect voltage range?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the LPC812 brown out detect voltage range?

Larry5335
Contributor IV

We are using the BOD reset level 3 (assertion 2.6V) as a battery check.  I had attempted to calculate the expected tolerance band on the 2.6V threshold using the internal voltage reference tolerance given in datasheet table 21.  However, after measuring several units I see the BOD triggering over a much wider range of voltages than I’d expect based on this data alone (2.57-2.69V seen in a sample of 13 units).

Do you have information on the expected range of BOD voltages at 25C and over temperature (our temperature range is 5C to 40C)?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

According to my opinion these values should be documented over the whole operational temperature, if you specify in datasheet that operational temperature is -40 °C to +105 °C. BOD is peripheral which can cause reset of the device...

0 Kudos

Larry5335
Contributor IV

Yes, I know the datasheet lists the typical value. I am asking for min and max values at 25C and over temperature.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

Unfortunately, we don’t have the minimum and maximum threshold values for the BOD levels.

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Larry,

The values in the datasheet are typical BOD levels although there is some hysteresis (minimum 0.4V).

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos