UART 1: equipped with standard modem interface signals.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART 1: equipped with standard modem interface signals.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SURESH BABU K on Sat Feb 21 02:23:27 MST 2015
hi,

how to use UART 1 as a Modem interface and what are the applications. can i have sample KEIL MDK ARM project.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SURESH BABU K on Thu Mar 05 02:39:23 MST 2015
Thanks for your reply, so please guide me how to send data from one modem to other.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Wed Mar 04 08:20:54 MST 2015
Hi SURESH BABU K,

UART historically was the protocol used for modems because it had the pins that fit the modem specifications (CTS, RTS, DSR, DTR, etc.). Nowadays, UART used on our MCUs are mainly for data transfer due to its simplicity. Do you actually want to use our MCU to interface with a modem? i don't believe we have code for that, but we do have UART sample code to send and receive data. Check our LPCOpen software platform:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc17xx-packages
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by SURESH BABU K on Wed Mar 04 04:40:55 MST 2015

Quote: SURESH BABU K
hi,

how to use UART 1 as a Modem interface and what are the applications. can i have sample KEIL MDK ARM project.

0 Kudos