TDM Mode 0 Interfacing using Qualifier...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM Mode 0 Interfacing using Qualifier...

lpestanas
Contributor I

Good Day,

We plan to implement a TDM Mode 0 between (2) LPC4300.

One will act as a Master and the other will act as a slave transmitting and receiving 32bit data.

We are facing an issue of missing out the bit 31 is always missed out upon the Falling edge of FSYNC pin. We are planning to use the qualifier to sync the 32bit-DATAIN and FSYNC. And is it possible to have the FSYNC Data to trigger the qualifier on Rising Edge instead of Falling Edge?

Thanks and Good Day,

Leo Pestanas

0 Kudos
4 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In general, for I2S module, the DATAIN and FSYNC and SCK must be synchronized or from the same source, can you give more detailed information for the signal relationship among DATAIN and FSYNC and SCK signals

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

lpestanas
Contributor I

Hi XiangJun,

For example, the SGPIO Configuration intended were as follows in TX Mode 0:

- SGPIO8 - LRCLK

- SGPIO9 - BCLK

- SGPIO10 - DATAIN

- SGPIO6 - DATAOUT

lpestanas_0-1684983056706.png

If we were to use the qualifier enabled for LRCLK, are we able to frame the 32bit data without shifting by one bit? We would like to seek assistance on what would be the related registers to be initialized to achieve the syncing of LRCLK using the qualifier? And the clock source to be used is coming from PLL0Audio. We are not concerned about data justification (left/right). We just want a plain random binary data that will not shift by one bit.

Thanks and Good Day,

Leo

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding your question, I am not very clear.

I suppose that you can get the SGPIO8 - LRCLK signal by shifting 4 words(32 bits each word), but only the MSB of first word is 1, all the other bits in 4 words are 0, is it okay?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

lpestanas
Contributor I

Hi XiangJun,

Yes, for example the channel data size is 32bits and start and end has an LRCLK Pulse invoked to mark the start and end of the transmission. For example, the data is 0010 0000 0000 0000 and to be transmitted. The receiving side sees 0001 0000 0000 0000 using Mode 0 TDM. What we are planning now is to make the LRCLK to be a GPIO instead of SGPIO to make the LRCLK more faster.

Thanks,

Leo

0 Kudos