Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPIFI library source code

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hlsa on Wed Apr 16 09:32:28 MST 2014
Hello NXP,

an ongoing problem among users of the SPIFI peripheral is the SPIFI library. See for example:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/spifi-library-non-keil-development
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/link-problem-spifi-library-and-greenhills-compiler
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/spifi-errata-and-part-version-information#comment-1023028

As many other users, I cannot get the precompiled spifi library linked into my other source code. The problem is similar to problems other users have. I get the following linker errors (examples):
- error: M4.elf uses VFP register arguments, S:\MyProject\M4\Bsp\Cmsis\spifi_drv_M4.lib(spifi_rom_api.o) does not
- warning: S:\MyProject\M4\Bsp\Cmsis\spifi_drv_M4.lib(spifi_rom_api.o) uses 2-byte wchar_t yet the output is to use 4-byte wchar_t; use of wchar_t values across objects may fail
- error: c:/gcc/4_6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.6.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/fpv4\libc.a(lib_a-locale.o): Conflicting CPU architectures 0/13

So far NXP (and also other users) always tried to help to solve these problems. However, this might have helped some users solving their specific problem. But it has never been a solution which helped all users. Hence problems with the SPIFI library is a never ending story and many users are badly disappointed because of this. So am I.

It would be of great interest for the NXP community to get the source code of the SPIFI library. Therefore I would like to call upon NXP to provide this source code to the community.

Best regards,
Holger
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Apr 30 02:25:43 MST 2014
A beta release has already been made.

See this forum post:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lpcspifilib-v004beta-available
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ravikumar.karri@nxp.com on Wed Apr 30 02:03:19 MST 2014
Hi NXP Support,

I am also an interested user eagerly looking for the source code release of the NXP SPIFI library source code.

As mentioned above, may i know when are you planning to release this SPIFI library source code.

Thanks in Advance.

Ravikumar Karri
NXP India
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Vyshali on Fri Apr 25 03:15:47 MST 2014
Hi,

Thank you for providing the sample code. Can you provide the link for the latest SPIFI library for LPC43xx M4? Your LPCOpen folder is restructured and I can't find the Spifi library in v2.xx of the LpcOpen. Older versions of LpcOpen had an application and software folder, and the spifi library could be found in the software folder.

Many thanks
Vatsala
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rgledhill on Thu Apr 24 03:31:37 MST 2014
Hi,

Could you also add in support for newer, larger serial flash devices too please?  Currently it's rather limiting what's supported.  I still have an open ticket about this with NXP support...

Thanks
Richard
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Wed Apr 23 14:49:20 MST 2014
Hi Vatsala,
Both revision has same register interface. Just, we decided to put in user manual little late. Please use LPC4330 example from below thread.
http://host.lpcware.com/content/forum/spifi-setup-lpc18004300-using-lpcxpresso-6-running-lpcxplorer-...

Please post if you see an issue.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Vyshali on Tue Apr 22 23:41:09 MST 2014
Hi,
Thank you for the prompt response. The tool chain is LPCXpresso, LPC4320 is our processor. Does the SPIFI library make use of the register interface? Is the register interface available only on revC? 6 months ago, revA user guide didn't have register interface, instead only mentioned the SPIFI ROM API table. The same time around we received a development board with revC and a new datasheet. This datasheet had the SPIFI register interface defined. If there is no ROM API for SPIFI, does the SPIFI library internally make use of SPIFI registers? Keen to view the example, will help update our cfx file if required.
Regards
Vatsala
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Tue Apr 22 18:15:41 MST 2014
Hi Vatsala,
There is boot ROM change between RevA and RevC devices. Boot ROM change is also related to SPIFI boot as well. I recommend you to use SPIFI library with both version to accomplish various functions (like Initialization,erase,program ). Please let me know your tool chain. I will post an example.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Vyshali on Sat Apr 19 23:22:42 MST 2014
Dear NXP Technical Support,

I want to understand the difference in accessing SPIFI on LPC43xx revision A and revision C chip. Is it that on revision A, SPIFI can only be accessed using the SPIFI ROM APIs via the SPIFI library and on the revision C chip, we don't need the SPIFI library (because revision C doesn't have ROM API), instead we use the register interface provided? This is confusing. Could you please clarify the difference in revision A and revision C in regard to SPIFI? Few of our boards have rev A and the others have rev C. Is there going to be a problem writing our drivers

Regards
Vatsala
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hlsa on Fri Apr 18 04:00:22 MST 2014
Ahh, that sounds very good!

Thanks for your quick response.

Best regards,
Holger
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by embd02161991 on Wed Apr 16 16:50:16 MST 2014
Hi Holger,

We are working on it .The source code will be released soon.

Thanks,

NXP Technical Support
0 Kudos