キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

SPIFI documentation in LPC408x/7x user manual

1,252件の閲覧回数
reinald_gerhard
Contributor I

I am trying to understand how to use SPIFI in peripheral mode with DMA, but the information in the LPC407X/8X user manual (UM10562) seems incomplete: In the GPDMA chapter the SPIFI interface is not listed as supported interface. In the chapter on the NVIC, table 51 on page 81 also does not list the SPIFI interface as an interrupt source.

Am I missing something?

Thanks, R.

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
5 返答(返信)

1,001件の閲覧回数
reinald_gerhard
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Have you heard back from the AE about the DMA request and the NVIC interrupt sources coming from the SPIFI interface?

Thanks,

Reinald

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,001件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

There's the reply from the AE team.

It indeed doesn't remark explicitly in UM...I believe it should support DMA in command mode based on the section "Peripheral mode DMA operation". I guess there could be an internal fixed request line input to DMA control or it could right be the unused burst request of DMA request 0 in Table 696. No matter which of the both possibilities, it means don't need do any programming for the users. Suggest to refer to the section "Peripheral mode DMA operation" without the request line selection for the usage of SPIFI DMA in command mode?

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,001件の閲覧回数
reinald_gerhard
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply. With regard to the interrupts, it is absolutely not clear to me that the SPIFI module doesn't support interrupts. Please check  table 322 on page 429 of the user manual: bit 22 of the SPIFI control register is the interrupt enable bit. "If this bit is 1 when a command ends, the SPIFI will assert its interrupt request output."

And bit 5 in the status register (table 339) reflects the SPIFI interrupt request status.

Based on this I would conclude that the SPIFI module does have an interrupt request output. If this output is internally left unconnected, then this should be clearly stated in the

manual. And maybe it is stated somewhere, but so far I haven't seen it yet.

On an unrelated topic, I am wondering why you guys don't have spreadsheets with the pin-outs (please see attached file as an example) on your website. Most of the pins can have multiple functions that can be selected through the IOCON registers. I am currently working on a project for which I need the Ethernet port, UART1, the SD card interface, the SPIFI flash interface, 2 SSP ports, 2 I2C ports and possibly the LCD interface. I don't see how any designer can accomplish this task without first compiling a spreadsheet like the one attached, which takes a couple of hours. By not providing these spreadsheets on your websites you are essentially wasting the time of your customers.

Best,

Reinald

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,001件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Reinald,

I think there are some errors in the description about the SPI interrupt, as I pointed out before, The SPIFI module doesn't support interrupt feature.
One more thing, I've not received the reply from the AE team yet and I'll inform you ASAP if I receive the reply.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,001件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Reinald Gerhardt

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
It seems a bit weird, in Chapter 15: LPC408x/407x SPI flash interface (SPIFI), it says that the SPIFI mode support DMA feature, however, Table 696 doesn't contain the SPIFI DMA request. Definitely, it's inconsistent, I'd like to contact with AE for confirming and inform you later.

pastedImage_1.png
The SPIFI module doesn't support interrupt feature and hopes this is clear.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 件の賞賛
返信