cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card with LPC-Link2

hmyoong
Contributor III

Hi:

Has anyone try to interface MicroSD card with LPC-Link2?

All the required pins (SD_CLK, SD_CD, SD_CMD, SD_D[3..0], SD_VOLT[2..0], SD_RST and SD_POW) are brought out from LPC4370 onto TP and Jumper.  However, I am not sure if they all have the same trace length.

Please advise. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HM Yoong,

According to above statement, you'd like to use the LPC4370 to contact with SD card, the LPCOpen has included some demos about SD/MMC interface module and please refer to it for details.

LPCOpen Software for LPC43XX|NXP
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hmyoong
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy:

Thanks for the link. SD/MMC demo is not available for LPC-Link 2 (LPC4370) board.  However it is available in Hitex LPC4350 board.  I believe they share similar LPCOpen code base.  However, I do not have Hitex LPC4350 board.

I have LPC4088 Experiment Base Board.  I compare user manuals for LPC4370 and LPC4088,  they are slightly different have use different registers and number of connection.  Is there a documentation to explain the difference between the two?

It seems that MicroSD card only use SD_DAT0, i.e., SPI.  So the trace length would not be a big issue to use MicroSD card in LPC-Link2 board. Am I right?

Best regards

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HM Yoong,

I'm afraid there's no such a documentation as you want.

-----So the trace length would not be a big issue to use MicroSD card in LPC-Link2 board. Am I right?

Yes.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos