cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTOS SDCard USB and local access

Jump to solution
kiryat8
Contributor III

I need to create a LPC54xxx project with FreeRTOS that in addition to serial USB, exposes its SDCard through USB after the user pushes a button. I also need the capability to locally read and write the SDCard. I saw the SDK example lpcxpresso54018_dev_composite_cdc_msc_sdcard_freertos but did not see any local write or read functionality. Can I somehow use the USB calls locally? When I tried just adding the fatfs files (may have not added all of them) the it takes a ton of ram - SRAMX:190540B 192KB 96.91%.  Is there a low ram RTOS example with fatfs that I could add the USB stuff? The project must use a lot of other resources including several non USB serial channels , ADC, PWM.

Thanks

=============================================================================

OK I ran the lpcxpresso54018_fatfs_sdcard () project on the LPCXpresso54018 board with a SDCard and it works fine.

I wanted to integrate this demo into my FreeRTOS code in a task for accessing the SDCard.

I copied the fatfs and sdmmc folders and compiled and saw that the sdmmc port was not for FreeRTOS so I copied the sdmmc port from the lpcxpresso54018_dev_composite_cdc_msc_sdcard_freertos() project.

I copied the pin initializations and run my test function ami_sdcard_Int().

It gets stuck in the SDMMC_GoIdle() function.

ami_sdcard_Int()
 --------------------------------
 if (f_mkfs(driverNumberBuffer, FM_ANY, 0U, work, sizeof work))
   sd_disk_initialize()
    if (kStatus_Success != SD_CardInit(&g_sd))
      if (SD_ProbeBusVoltage(card) == kStatus_SDMMC_SwitchVoltageFail)
        /* card go idle */
        if (kStatus_Success != SD_GoIdle(card))
        return SDMMC_GoIdle(card->host.base, card->host.transfer);
            if (kStatus_Success != transfer(base, &content))
            if ((error != kStatus_Success) ||
                (false == SDMMCEVENT_Wait(kSDMMCEVENT_TransferComplete, SDMMCHOST_TRANSFER_COMPLETE_TIMEOUT)) ||
                (!s_sdifTransferSuccessFlag))

It never returns from the SDMMCEVENT_Wait() function.

Could anyone please help me?

Both demo projects work separately lpcxpresso54018_fatfs_sdcard () & lpcxpresso54018_dev_composite_cdc_msc_sdcard_freertos()

Thank you

David

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kiryat8
Contributor III

I finally found my problem. In the FreeRTOS converted version, you need to set the SD_HOST_IRQ Interrupt priority or the vPortValidateInterruptPriority() function will throw an assertion.

So I just added in the demo code's sdcardWaitCardInsert() function the following snippet before calling SD_HostInit():

#define SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY      3
#if defined(__GIC_PRIO_BITS)
    GIC_SetPriority(SD_HOST_IRQ, (SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY - 1U));
#else
    NVIC_SetPriority(SD_HOST_IRQ, (SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY - 1U));
#endif

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kiryat8
Contributor III

I finally found my problem. In the FreeRTOS converted version, you need to set the SD_HOST_IRQ Interrupt priority or the vPortValidateInterruptPriority() function will throw an assertion.

So I just added in the demo code's sdcardWaitCardInsert() function the following snippet before calling SD_HostInit():

#define SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY      3
#if defined(__GIC_PRIO_BITS)
    GIC_SetPriority(SD_HOST_IRQ, (SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY - 1U));
#else
    NVIC_SetPriority(SD_HOST_IRQ, (SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY - 1U));
#endif

larry_hung
Contributor I

Hi David !

I have the same issues , but i add  SD_HOST_IRQ Interrupt  in my main function, but it still error,

I found this problem,

SD_CardInit() -> SD_ProbeBusVoltage() -> SD_SendInterfaceCondition()  caused  keep in this function   "SD_ApplicationSendOperationCondition()" ,then  sd_Init will error until timeout

Can you give me more information, Thx !!

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for your input 

Regards 

Sol 

0 Kudos