READ OPERATION - LPC55S36 IN TARGET MODE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

READ OPERATION - LPC55S36 IN TARGET MODE

nicole_cabot
Contributor I

Hi! I have an issue that I hope you can help me solve.

We are trying to implement the read operation in the target mode using the LPC55S36. With this purpose we use another LPC55S36 in controller mode which inits the bus (handles the DAA), writes to the target an array of 6 bytes, and then reads 6 bytes from it. The idea to test the correct target read operation is to see (using the Logic Saleae sniffer) the same data written (read by the controller) than the one previously read (written by the controller) using a shared buffer to handle the data from both transactions.

So far, we haven´t had any problems regarding using different CCCs like RSTDAA, SETDASA, ENTDAA, SETMRL, GETMRL. They return the data we´ve previously set during the initialization in the respective registers (if that is the case) and we can see the right operation using the sniffer.
With the write operation (controller reads) we saw no problem either. If we specify an array in the code during the target initialization, and then write it into the bus using I3C_SINTMASKED_TXSEND_MASK interrupt and SWDATAB and SWDATABE registers, we see the right bytes on the bus using the sniffer.

Now, the problem with the target read operation is that, although we see the controller write operation in the sniffer (started and finished correctly with the right data), the data doesn´t seem to be saved correctly on a the array. When, in the next operation the controller reads the data from the target, the data that was initially set during intitialization is the one returned, not the one actually written by the controller.
Taking into account that the write operation (controller reads) alone works fine, we conclude it is the read operation (controller writes) that has a problem.

I have not seen much explanation in the datasheet about the interrupts triggered during target mode operations, as there are when working in controller mode. I´ve taken the SDK example as a reference, trying to replicate the initialization as they do there. The main difference I have is that my driver callback checks the SINTMASKED register instead of the SSTATUS one, but I don´t think that makes any difference. Is the I3C_SINTMASKED_MATCHED_MASK triggered during the read or write transactions, and is there a way of knowing before the actual transaction what it is (read or write)?

Both read and write transfers use a push pull frequency of 5 MHz and an open drain frequency of 1,25 MHz.

I´m going to attach some captures of the initialization and the read and write transfers, and a simplified version of my code.
Hope you can help! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked your code, you said that the I3C controller read wrong data from target, can you check the RXCOUNT bits in SDATACTRL register to know the number of the bytes the target has received, then read them by target.

xiangjun_rong_0-1684992822263.png

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos