cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifier for LPC43XX explanation

marvincabuenas
Contributor I

Hello NXP Support,

Is it possible to get a thorough explanation on what a qualifier is and how it is used? I checked the UM10503 datasheet and there is no concrete explanation of what a qualifier is and how to use it. This will be very much appreciated if you can provide one.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @marvincabuenas,

Just for double check, are you referring to the qualifier of the Chapter 18: LPC43xx Serial GPIO (SGPIO)?

LPC43xx User Manual (UM10503). Chapter 18: LPC43xx Serial GPIO (SGPIO). Section 18.7. Functional description mentions: "The shift clock can be qualified by an external pin or other slice."

RaulRomero_0-1689017425188.png

[LPC43xx ARM Cortex-M4/M0 dual-core microcontroller User Manual. Chapter 18: LPC43xx Serial GPIO (SGPIO)]

If you look to Fig 38. Basic operation of one slice, you may find that the qualifier is being used to enable or disable a multiplexor of SGPIO_CLOCK signal. 

Section 18.6.2. SGPIO multiplexer configuration registers (SGPIO_MUX_CFG0 to 15) mentions how to use the register to enable, disable, use a slice or an external pin as a qualifier.

To understand where or how the qualifiers are used, might be useful to take a look to the following information:

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

marvincabuenas
Contributor I
Hello Raul,
Yes, I am referring to the same qualifier for the SGPIO.
0 Kudos