cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with writing certain SCU registers

Jump to solution
torbjoerntvermo
Contributor II

Using a LPC4357 I am trying to configure P9_3 to have MCOA0 function.
If I write to the configuration register 0x40086000+0x49C it seems to have no effect I read back all zeros, but if I do the same for another pin (0x40086494) the change takes effect and I read back the correct value.
What can cause this behavior?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Customer,

Thank you very much for your detail information.

I think your problem is caused by the LPC4357 user manual error.

I check it again, I have found the address for SFSP9_3 is 0x40086000+0X48C, not like the document mentioned 0X49C, actually 0X49C is reserved:

pastedImage_3.png

I have do the testing on my MCB1758 with LPCXpresso IDE, the debug interface also shows the address for P9_3 is 0x4008648c.

pastedImage_6.png

So, please change the P9_3 address to 0x4008648c.

I will report this document to our according department immediately, the problem will be fixed in the next doc reversion.

Thanks a lot for your good question and sorry for the inconvenience we bring you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Customer,

Thank you very much for your detail information.

I think your problem is caused by the LPC4357 user manual error.

I check it again, I have found the address for SFSP9_3 is 0x40086000+0X48C, not like the document mentioned 0X49C, actually 0X49C is reserved:

pastedImage_3.png

I have do the testing on my MCB1758 with LPCXpresso IDE, the debug interface also shows the address for P9_3 is 0x4008648c.

pastedImage_6.png

So, please change the P9_3 address to 0x4008648c.

I will report this document to our according department immediately, the problem will be fixed in the next doc reversion.

Thanks a lot for your good question and sorry for the inconvenience we bring you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

torbjoerntvermo
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for fast response to my question, I will test with the correct register address ASAP

Sincerely,

Torbjørn

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Customer,

Thank you for your interest in NXP LPC product, I would like to provide service for you!

Please check your LPC4357 part number at first, TFBGA100 and LQFP144 package don't have P9_3, so please make sure your chip have p9_3.

pastedImage_1.png

0x40086494 is P9_5, LQFP144 have this pin, so please check your package, are you using LQFP144?

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,

Kerry

0 Kudos
torbjoerntvermo
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

I am using a LBGA256 package and have a PCB where the signal is routed and I can measure the output.

What could cause the strange behavior that I can write to register 0x40086494 but not to 0x4008649C ?

Sincerely,

Torbjørn

0 Kudos