Problem with debugging using LPC 2138 with J-Link

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with debugging using LPC 2138 with J-Link

akshaychacko
Contributor I
I am trying to debug my LPC 2138 processor using Keil uVision. However, I don't seem to be able to step into the actual code using my J-link. It shows the disassembly but never enters the actual code when I try to debug. I called Keil support, and he guided me through examples where we saw that it does not enter the code in any instance The support at Keil suspected that the processor is stuck on its pre-programming routine and never actually getting into the code to execute He thought there may be some NXP specific code that can't be erased and therefore is not allowing a proper debug If I try to set a breakpoint, I am still not able to enter the code. It just says undefined line number to my breakpoint regardless of where I put it and then the code only loops through the disassembly without ever stepping through the code, starting at address 0x00000000. I am able to get one blinky example to debug, but nothing else. It is worth noting that I am unable to erase all of the flash memory using a program like FlashMagic. How can I step through my code?
Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

converse
Senior Contributor V

Given your description - especially that FlashMagic cannot erase the whole device - it suggests a power problem. So, make sure you have enough power being supplied to the board,

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Akshay,

Unfortunately, I have not the LPC2138 board, which is very old. I attach two screenshot which tell you how to configure the J-link setting based on LPC54114 board.

After you success to compile/link, you can click Debug->Start/Stop Debug Session to download code as the second screenshot.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos