cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Debug/Restart tool

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capstone on Mon Jun 02 16:10:55 MST 2014
Not so sure where to post this as a Lpcxpresso IDE v7.2.0 issue:

lpcopen v2.x/lpc176x

How is it possible to get the Debug/Restart Tool to appear?

This works with Lpcxpresso v6.1.0 under Window/Customize Perspective/Debug/Restart but this Restart does not appear with v7.2.0 Debug.

Checked also under the Run dialog, both perspectives, seems not there either. (Reference: Help/Controlling debug execution)

Searched this forum also, and no hits, so think it must be my system setup, but where to go next?

Thank you for the input.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capstone on Wed Jun 04 07:01:23 MST 2014
Problem Resolved!

Restart Xpresso did not resolve the Restart icon to the Menu.

But, a system boot did. Restart icon is just to the left of the double-red Terminate/Disconnect All. Now ok for both perspectives.

Thank you for your patience  :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jun 03 09:33:45 MST 2014
Restart LPCXpresso. Does it now appear?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by capstone on Tue Jun 03 09:23:33 MST 2014
Thank you for the support! I found the Restart tool in the Debug view as a right-click on the stack frame. This is the same for v7.2.0 & v6.1.0.

But I cannot locate this tool on the main toolbar for v7.2.0. I do have some sight impairment but still can't seem to locate this.

I have included a screen shot as restart_720.jpg - can you please indicate where this is?
Also included is a screen of the v6.1.0 for comparison.

System: Win 7/64; installed to C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_7.2.0_153 & C:\nxp\LPCXpresso_6.1.0_164
Both installs were to Default areas and settings.

Your assistance is appreciated!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jun 03 01:43:09 MST 2014
Restart is provided as a button in the main toolbar or as a context menu item in the Debug View (right-click on the stack frame).

0 Kudos