Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New project with LPC18XX

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ennio on Thu Nov 28 09:34:16 MST 2013
Dear LPCware forum,
I have to develop very fast a new family of machines and I have to chose a new microprocessor.
I think that NXP could be the best choise.
I would like to know if it is possible to have with the LPC18XX family the following resources at the same time?

-) n°4 UART

-) n°3 SPI

-) n°16 ADC

-) n°12 PWM

-) n°1 DAC

-) SD card

-) USB

Let me know!

Best regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Mon Dec 02 04:06:19 MST 2013

Quote: Ennio
Are there any NXP processor with more than 8 ADC channels?
>> The LPC18xx series has 16 (10-bit) ADC Channels, so you can select any device in the range.

The corresponding channels of the two ADCs are connected internally, so effectively you have only 8 channels.

Also, you lose one channel if you use the DAC, because it is internally connected to ADC0

The clearest explanation is at the beginning of the chapter on the SCU in the user manual.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ennio on Fri Nov 29 04:18:32 MST 2013
Yes! Obviously!
I also wrote to the NXP support and they answer to me so:

Are there any NXP processor with more than 8 ADC channels?
>> The LPC18xx series has 16 (10-bit) ADC Channels, so you can select any device in the range.

Are there any NXP processor with 10 pwm Channels?
>> The LPC18xx flash-based parts has got 2 SCTs (State Configurable Timers) with which you can generate many more than 10 PWM Channels.

Sincerly in the parameterized serach I read different features and on the datasheet of some LPC18XX I did not find these features.
I have to chose the best processor for our future machines and I think that NXP has the best processor, but I have also to check all the features.
Other companies like ST, Atmel, Infineon, etc... have other processor with many features, but the support and the quality seem less than NXP ones.

Lest me know!

Best regards
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Thu Nov 28 10:22:10 MST 2013
Have you tried the parameterized search?

http://www.nxp.com/parametrics/56890/#/p=1,s=0,f=,c=,rpp=,fs=0,sc=,so=,es=
0 Kudos