Need some additional detail on a Errata sheet reference please

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some additional detail on a Errata sheet reference please

hg2
Contributor I

Hello, we need some additional information concerning the following referenced errata item:

ES_PLC2378_88 document dated July 1, 2012 'Errata sheet LPC2378/88' Section 3.20:
Specifically confirming exactly how long the 'high power consumption' condition is in effect for ?

How long it should take until VBAT power consumption is 'reduced to normal' ?

As well as how long the 3.3V supply should take to power up first to allieviate this condition in the work around ?
Additionally, how much the high current consumption typically is ?

We realize the age of this device, but have thousands of devices in use and on the shelf and need additional information to determine the actual effects of this errata reference.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Heather,

I can not find out the errata ES_PLC2378.pdf, can you attach it here?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

hg2
Contributor I

Good Morning,

Errata Link https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/ES_LPC2378_88.pdf 

Thanks,

Heather

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Heather,

I think you can refer to the DIAGRAM for the RTC and VDD, both VDD and Vbat can provide power for the RTC and battery RAM. When the VDD is off, all the required power for RTC and battery RAM is supplied by Vbat, so the current on Vbat will be high. When the VDD is high, both the Vbat and VDD supply power for the RTC and battery RAM.

Regarding your questions:

How long it should take until VBAT power consumption is 'reduced to normal' ?

>>>>>>The Vbat has to provide high current until the VDD is high enough to provide part of power.

As well as how long the 3.3V supply should take to power up first to allieviate this condition in the work around ?
Additionally, how much the high current consumption typically is

>>>>>I can not get the required  maximum power current spec in data sheet when the VDD is off. But if you have the condition, you can have a test.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun rong

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos