cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with LPC1769

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Liewenthal1 on Tue Jun 03 01:00:58 MST 2014
Hi,

I'm currently doing an internship for an electronics system development company and they gave me LPC1769 to work with. I'm struggling hard with figuring out what to do whit it and what are the possibilities that the device can offer. I'm also very new to programming therefore it is rather hard for me to work with the device.

If someone could give me somekind of directions how to get started and what to do with it, it would be much appreciated.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you very much
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mazaumesh on Mon Sep 21 22:50:53 MST 2015
Hello Liewenthal1

Learning 32-bit Microcontroller taked lil time to understand. Here are some wonderful tutorial series from very basic blink (i/O) example to serial communication.

LPC17XX Tutorials with plenty of source code, images and YouTube Videos

Good Luck and Best Wishes
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by leluno on Fri Jun 06 07:16:37 MST 2014
print out the manual um10360. Something more than 800pages. Then you beginn reading, what you have done with the blinking leds. I guess, reading the manual is the best way to learn about mcus.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by enriquepg on Thu Jun 05 20:46:04 MST 2014
Ok take it easy
The 32 bits microcontroller mange it´s  not easy to understand
Do you have experience in 8 bits ?
I suggest you to begin with the GPIO registers It´s the first step
Are yo familiar with C programm?
What IDE are actually using?
In my case I use CODE RED , because is free  The LPC 1769 board is the one made by EMBEDDED ARTIST
In fact there are no (as far as I know ) bibliography about it unless a book written in portuguese (I have it)
The material we use at the University is written in Spanish It could be useful anyway?

PD: My english is really poor

Enrique

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Liewenthal1 on Thu Jun 05 00:45:05 MST 2014
Hi enriguepg,

Thank you for your response. I have been working on the joystick interrupt example and I kind of just learned how to switch to different leds and etc, but that's about it.

I kind of know how to do some small stuff now, but otherwise I'm still struggling to figure out how LCP1769 works.

I have downloaded some kind of a package for the device with examples, so I'm just trying to understand them. But I guess my new assignment is to make something my self and I have no idea how to program even the most simple thing.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by enriquepg on Wed Jun 04 19:08:01 MST 2014
Hi Liewenthal1

Don´t worry ...There are a lot examples to do depending on how much experience do you have with LPC1769
Beginning with the blinking led is a good choice but it is more important to know how the LPC Works and do it.
For example at the University the first thing we teach is : GPIO REGISTER and just a Little of the clock The minumun to begin
Then we follow with Interrupts Timers and so on 
If you need some examples just call me

enrique
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Liewenthal1 on Tue Jun 03 01:39:51 MST 2014
Thank you very much for all the help.

Once I have got the blinking LED working. Is there anything I should try to do with it? I've already tried blinking led and the strobe sample projects and got them working on the board. Nothing else seems to be working tho. I tried the audio meter and that didn't seem to work at all.

The unfortunate thing is that my colleagues don't seem to know much about it and they have pretty much given it to me to figure out what to do with it.

Thank you once again!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by starblue on Tue Jun 03 01:13:05 MST 2014
Start with a blinking LED, this way you to get your environment running without adding difficulties from some complex functionality. (The blinking LED is the Hello World of the embedded programmer.)

Next get a UART running. Then you can print messages for debugging and output values.

After that you have a free choice of the many peripherals the LPC1769 has. I would suggest the ADC as the next step, because analog input is needed in many projects. It also depends what other stuff you have to play with (e.g. SPI or I2C peripherals).

You should also talk to your colleagues for suggestions.
0 Kudos