Microcontroller recommendation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcontroller recommendation

Nadia
Contributor III

Hi all, I would like to know any MCU that you recommend that is similar to the LPC54616J, I have been using that family but I would like to use another family with similar characteristics.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nadia 

There are several  members of the LPC54000 series and they have different features. The below LPC  brochure may be helpful to check them easily:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/brochure/LPC-MCUs-INNOVATION-MADE-EASY.pdf#page=18

Similarly    @converse and @frank_m  , comments you could let us know if you require any particular feature, so we could provide  you more pointers to migrate to another MCU series.

Diego

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

To add to converse's recommendation, some background of the intended project would be helpful.

Many commercial developments go for the cheapest MCU that does the job - literally.

Other, less mass-market focussed projects use to take platform compatibility and toolchain environment into account. 

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Perhaps you can explain what you need that is different to LPC54616J? (and what  is wrong - from your point of view - with LPC54616? Do you want NXP or other vendor? DO you want Cortex-M4 or a different core? What peripherals do you need?

0 Kudos