cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 10.3.1_2233 issue while debugging LPC4367

gauravmore
Contributor III

Hi 

I am using LPC4367JBD208E for my product development. I developed the application in M4 and M0App core. Now while debugging the application there is one strange behaviour of the controller is observed.

While debugging the code i launched the code in M4 Core and then I launched the code in M0App. But while launching the code in M0App MCU Xpresso got freeze at 97% and it shows this while the telconnection is not established.  I waited till 30mins but no change. Finally I killed all debug links and tried to relaunch the application.

This time i was able to launch the code in both the above mentioned cores. but after running the code it was observed that none of the interface is working even in the simple GPIO toggling  which i run in the code for toggling LED is not working. 

Application was running but the the peripherails interfaced was not working. this I confirmed by Quad SPI flash which was working but after this behaviour it stopped working. and this sort of behaviour is repeated multiple times. So in order to resolve this i need to put the controller in ISP mode and then did Mass Erase using GUI FLash tool.

After that it started wotking. But what  is the actual reason for this type of behaviour? Also like CCS is there any provision in MCUXpresso to erase the flash before programming and debugging the code. 

This is one of the strange behaciour also regarding the Freezing the code launching at 97% where it got stuck in telnet connection in 10.3.1_2233 . What is the actual reason? Is there anything related to this forum where it is mentioned that it is resolved in MCUXpresso 11.1Version.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-IDE/MCUX-10-2-1-Debug-launch-freezes-at-2-for-about-a-minute...

Please take this on priority and let me know the issue. 

Thanks 

Gaurav More

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

I heard this defect was in some of the old MCUXpresso IDE version and it has been fixed in the new version.

Please try latest MCUXpresso IDE v11.2 if the problem persist, please let me knonw.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-i...

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

gauravmore
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I will download and try with the new version as you suggested. But one more question reagarding the controller locking. Most of the time the controller is locked while debugging the code. Is there any such setting by which I can disable the feature of blocking the Debug access in the compiler of IDE.

since there was similar observation in the ST controller it was also getting locked while debugging. So they made some setting in the compiler and then onwards these issue got resolved. Can you please suggest the same regarding the MCU Xpresso IDE settings?

Thanks 

Gaurav More

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

We don't have a setting on 10.3 can solve this. 

I suggest you try latest version and see if it can fix your issue. Thus we can also position if your problem is because of this defect.

0 Kudos

gauravmore
Contributor III

Hi,

Sorry for replying late since I was busy with my development activity. But to update on you suggestion of using the latest version of MCUXpresso, I downloaded the latest version of the  MCU Xpresso 11.2.

Now the issue if stuck between while launching is resolved. but the other issue observed is, i am not able to do mass erase after putting the controller in ISP mode. Now I am managing it by erasing through MCUXpresso 10.3 version.

Need to know the reason,

Thanks 

Gaurav More.

0 Kudos