cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a board providing self-capacitance touch sensor

Jump to solution
daonguyen3154
Contributor II

I want to design a capacitive touch system which uses self-capacitance touch. I have already owned a breakout board LPC845, which provides mutual-capacitance touch. I have 2 questions:

1. Is there any boards use self-capacitance available? 
2. Can the capacitive touch of LPC845 be a self-capacitance touch?

1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nguyen,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes we do have other product that uses the self-capacitance modes as well. 

2. The LPC845 only uses the mutual-capacitance mode.

To elaborate on the first question, I can recommend different product in case you have other requirements such as other peripherals being used, communication protocols, connectivity, etc. However to get you started I'll point you to one of our kinetis products, KE1xZ .This mcu has the option to select either mutual or self-capacitance mode. We also have a freedom board available to help you get started.

Please let me know if this information is useful, or if you have other requierements and I will help you find a suitable product.

Best Regards,

Sabina

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Nguyen,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes we do have other product that uses the self-capacitance modes as well. 

2. The LPC845 only uses the mutual-capacitance mode.

To elaborate on the first question, I can recommend different product in case you have other requirements such as other peripherals being used, communication protocols, connectivity, etc. However to get you started I'll point you to one of our kinetis products, KE1xZ .This mcu has the option to select either mutual or self-capacitance mode. We also have a freedom board available to help you get started.

Please let me know if this information is useful, or if you have other requierements and I will help you find a suitable product.

Best Regards,

Sabina