cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for LPC43xx evaluation board with a HS USB device port

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Richard Chen on Wed Apr 15 22:09:01 MST 2015
Hi, there, I am new to LPC ARMs, and am looking for a 43xx evaluation board that comes with a HS device USB port, but all boards that I found comes with a full speed device port, it has HS USB host ports though.

Does anyone know any board with a HS device port? If there isn't one with 43xx, is there one for 18xx?

Many thanks,

Richard
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Richard Chen on Fri Apr 17 07:01:17 MST 2015
Thank you very much, that explains well.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Fri Apr 17 05:40:59 MST 2015
Hello Richard,

now it's getting clearer. The board you are looking at indeed offers one USB host connector for the HS USB0 in the LPC4300 and a USB device connector for the FS USB1. The limitation is therefore just in the available connectors on the board.

The LPC4300 microcontroller contains two USB blocks, both can handle HS connections and both can do host/device/OTG. But the internal USB transceivers, also referred to as PHYs, can do HS only for USB0. On USB1 there is a FS PHY. However, for USB1 you would have the option to work with an external HS PHY to get two HS USBs.

Maybe you can still work with the host connector, using a gender changer (for development purposes).

Regards,
NXP Support Team
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Richard Chen on Thu Apr 16 09:58:56 MST 2015
Thank you Bavarian. If the board says that the device port is full speed, can I use it for a HS device that I want to implement? I want the device to work in HS mode instead of FS mode BTW.  I understand that on the host side, you can plug in a full speed device into a HS port, it will be routed to the full speed controller. However I am not clean how things are handled on Device side, whether or not a FULL speed port will limit my HS device speed to full speed?

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Richard Chen on Thu Apr 16 09:53:02 MST 2015
Thank you, I was looking:

http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?products_id=5560&gclid=CjwKEAjwu72pBRC9hsn2-e34vRUSJ...

It says:

Two USB ports: one High-Speed USB Host and one Full Speed USB Device

So it appears that the device is a full speed one.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Thu Apr 16 04:20:00 MST 2015
All connectors/plugs defined for Low Speed and Full Speed are working for High Speed as well.
This is all part of the USB 2.0 spec.

For USB 3.0, sometimes also called USB SS (Super Speed), the connectors and plugs look differently.

Regards,
NXP Support Team

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Apr 15 23:39:00 MST 2015
Look here:
http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers/product_series/lpc4300/#demoboards

as far as I know, they ALL have HS USB (why do you think they do not?)
0 Kudos