Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for LCD sample software

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MX21 on Fri Dec 05 11:49:25 MST 2014
I'm using the Hitex EVA1850 with LPC1857 chip.  Looking for sample code that sets up the LCD controller and supports 18 or 24 bit TFT display.  I see emWin mentioned, but it looks like way overkill.  There's also swim, but all links here to swim go nowhere.  Any good sample available for this processor and LPCXpresso?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by bavarian on Wed Dec 17 02:43:00 MST 2014
Up to now we didn't implement examples for 18-bit or 24-bit TFTs. We always used 16-bit colors.

The first reason is that on the standard display modules we use for our eval platforms the displays are hardwired for 16 bits.
The second reason is that using 18 bits instead of 16 bits means that you need to handle 32-bit values (16 + 2 bits, the rest is thrown away).
This is a bigger effort on the software side, especially when you work with graphics libraries.

Also these relatively cheap TFTs will not show a big difference in quality when working with 18 bits instead of 16 bits.

There is another thread where you can get code for a 24-bit TFT:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lpc4357-tft24bit-rgb-hx8238d-driver-or-example

Regards,
NXP Support Team.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by MX21 on Fri Dec 05 16:05:51 MST 2014
Ahh, I thought that was for the little on-board 128x32 SPI LCD.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Fri Dec 05 13:01:04 MST 2014
Hi MX21,

Have you looked at our LPCOpen software platform? There is an LCD software example called "periph_lcd", among several other software examples in our three supported IDEs: Keil MDK, IAR EWARM, and of course our own LPCXpresso.

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc18xx-packages-0

0 Kudos