LPCopen lwip_lpc V1.10: "IF YOU WANT TO USE LWIP, YOU SHOULD USE THE VERSION IN LPCOPEN."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCopen lwip_lpc V1.10: "IF YOU WANT TO USE LWIP, YOU SHOULD USE THE VERSION IN LPCOPEN."

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rody on Wed Oct 29 03:05:45 MST 2014
I have several question regarding lwip, and lpcopen:

"IF YOU WANT TO USE LWIP, YOU SHOULD USE THE VERSION IN LPCOPEN."
Why is that? What is special about the V1.10? It is now 2 year old and seems not maintained.
What version off lwip is used to generate the lwip_lpc version 1.10?

I use LWIP 1.4.1 and the latest FreeRTOS. I copied the arch dir and file from lcopen to port it to de lpc17. When using the heap (MEM_LIBC_MALLO=1, MEMP_MEM_MALLOC=1) It works fine. The problem is that the LPC1768 is limited in RAM, max 32k can be used for the heap (AHB memory) and this fill up quick. The only thing I can find to tweak the heap usage is to limit the MTU. Other setting in lwipopts.h does not  do anything. Any tips wil be helpfull.

I tried to use the lwip memory management (MEM_LIBC_MALLO=1, MEMP_MEM_MALLOC=1)  but i run in to problems tweaking the defins to fit my project. Also de pbuf are not mapped in AHB ram what is requirent because DMA is used (so I understand).

Has someone an example project using lpcopen and a standard lwip version and using pbufs?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rody on Fri Oct 31 02:07:27 MST 2014
http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lightweight-ip-lwip-networking-stack
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by peterrq on Wed Oct 29 08:51:10 MST 2014
Where did you find that statement?
I use lpcopen 2.12 with lwip 1.4.1.
I use:
MEM_LIBC_MALLOC 0
MEMP_MEM_MALLOC 0

I had issues with memory management & had to change from default; bursts of network activity would cause mallocs to fail.

This configuration seems to work although I have an issue with httpd & ssi.
0 Kudos