Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen for LPC12XX

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Fri Apr 04 20:07:45 MST 2014
I was happy with my at-home-made board featuring the LPC1227 part, until I realised that there is not LPCOpen drivers for this family, so I needed to write my own plus getting some for here and some from there.

Does anyone knows why NXP hasn't released drivers for this family? Is there a problem with such a family? Is this a good idea to make a mass production with any of those parts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

peterpok
Contributor I

Hello,

I started porting LPCOpen for LPC122x devices from the lpc_chip11cxx_lib library, I published it on GitHub.

Please note, that it is not yet tested, but the basic features of the MCU seem to work fine in my project.

Feel free to contribute.

GitHub - petipok/lpc_chip_122x: LPCOPEN chip library for NXP LPC 122x devices 

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Wed Feb 25 18:35:20 MST 2015
Hi,

I've found drivers and examples for the LPC1227 chip in my old hard drive. It seems that those files have disapeared from the LPCWare site. Right now I don't have a way to share them, but for anyone interested I can send them to you by email, or if you have some sort of hosting I can publish them in there.

The files I've found are:

-- LPC1227_FreeRTOS7.0.3.zip
-- freertos_lpc1227.rar
-- FreeRTOS_7.0.1_ARM_CM0_portable_2011022.7z
-- LPC12xx-Xpresso samples.zip
-- CMSISv2p00_LPC12xx
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Wed Aug 27 14:14:53 MST 2014

Quote: OldManVimes
Have a look at this page: http://www.nxp.com/techzones/microcontrollers-techzone/longevity.html

OK, thats pretty obvious. Is there something like a migration guide from lpc12xx to lpc11xx? What are the differences in the peripherals, especially Clock, GPIO, UART, Timers and Flash/IAP?
The CMSIS device headers lpc1xxx.h are pretty different.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fjrg76 on Sun Aug 24 17:03:10 MST 2014
Hi OldManVimes,

It's been sad to realize that NXP is not taking into account this microcontroller family in its future plans, so it would be an excellent idea to drop the LPC1200 family out  from newer designs (I took a look to the link you posted).

By the way, LPCOpen support for the LPC1200 family does exist, but it's been hidden from the regular human being. Right now I'm not at the office, but ASAP I'll everyone interested on this issue show the location (it's been mixed with the LPC1100 family or so, I'm not shure at this very moment).

Cheers!!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by OldManVimes on Thu Aug 21 06:48:16 MST 2014
That is a very hard question to answer definitively, because you cannot get a straight answer out of NXP support regarding things that might happen at some point in the future. But you can read between the lines. Have a look at this page: http://www.nxp.com/techzones/microcontrollers-techzone/longevity.html

It describes the longevity program for LPC parts. Notice anything missing?

Unless LPC support has some constructive feedback about this, you are welcome to draw your own conclusions about the LPC1200 family.

Regards,
Vimes

'Taxation, gentlemen, is very much like dairy farming. The task is to extract the maximum amount of milk with the minimum of moo. And I am afraid to say that these days all I get is moo.'
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Thu Aug 14 06:39:50 MST 2014
I'd really like to use lpcopen, but it only makes sense if I can use it in all my projects. We use 11xx, 13xx, 17xx, 18xx AND 12xx. Why is there no lpcopen for 12xx?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sat Apr 05 09:38:54 MST 2014
I don't believe there are plans currently for a version of LPCOpen for the LPC12xx family. However you can download peripheral drivers and examples for this family from:

http://www.lpcware.com/node/11538/8,99

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos