cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC8N04 Dev Board Debugging issues

MaureenSensi
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working with a LPC8N04 Development Board (0M40002, Revision C). I was able to debug and flash the code until a few days ago.

The probe is detected but when I launch the debug using MCU Expresso, I get those errors in 3 windows:

Windows 1:

Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.
Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.checkServerReply(RedlinkServerClient.java:227)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.wireConnect(RedlinkServerClient.java:1281)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.ideConnect(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:240)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.connect(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:196)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.discover(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:155)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.TargetDiscovery.jtagDiscovery(TargetDiscovery.java:454)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.getEmulatorInfo(LaunchScriptUtils.java:257)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.init(LaunchScriptUtils.java:497)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.<init>(LaunchScriptUtils.java:165)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.<init>(LaunchScriptUtils.java:152)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.services.TargetDiscoveryService.getTargetDiscovery(TargetDiscoveryService.java:138)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.override.LSFinalLaunchSequence$TargetDiscoveryJob.run(LSFinalLaunchSequence.java:124)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

Windows 2:

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote localhost:10989
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote localhost:10989
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

Windows 3:

02: Failed on connect
02: Failed on connect
Could not connect to core.
31: No connection to chip's debug port
Debugging context: lpc8n04devboard_gpio_1_led_blink LinkServer Debug

When using Keil I get this error: SWD/JTAG Communication Failure.

I tried:

- Updating LPC11U35 debug probe firmware: same result

- Using a new computer, with a newly installed IDE and drivers: same result

Can you please guide me through the steps to reset the board and solve this issue? I would really appreciate any help or ideas.

Best Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @MaureenSensi 

How about enter ISP mode, erase flash ,then try to connect again.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

MaureenSensi
Contributor I

Hi @Alice_Yang,

Thank you for looking into this. I searched how to enter the ISP mode but there is no mention of it in the LPC8N04 datasheet. The user manual of the development board OM40002 also don't mention it.

I can only enter ISP mode for the LPC11U35 debug probe that has the CMSIS-DAP firmware. But I already erased and updated the firmware of the debug probe without success.

Do you know where can I find information on how to enter the ISP mode and erase the flash with the LPC8N04 development board (OM40002)?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @MaureenSensi 

Sorry for my mistake, I haven't noticed that this chip is different from other LPC series. 

There is no ISP mode with LPC8N04.

For the debug issue, 1) have you enable CRP in your previous application code? If set chip to CRP2 or CRP3, the SWD is disabled.

2) Use external debugger, connect use j1 on board, use J-link commander try to connect.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos