Did you mean: 

LPC812 MAX Board connect issue

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LPCBum on Sat Apr 19 04:09:55 MST 2014
I am using the Embedded Artists LPC 812 MAX board
http://www.lpcware.com/lpc800-max
and have already used it successfully for one week in debug mode via LPCXpresso and CMSIS-DAP.

Suddenly I can no longer connect to the core:

"Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core. No connection to emulator device."
The same thing now occurs using a different computer, so the problem seems internal to the 812 MAX Board.

Any help appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 23 07:17:13 MST 2014

Quote: lpcxpresso-support

However you should note that as far as I can tell, no version number / date stamp is available to allow you to tell which version of the firmware has been programmed into your LPC800-MAX board.

Just to follow up on this, after further investigation, you can tell the firmware version installed.

The MBED drive that is presented when the board is connected to the PC contains one file  - mbed.htm. If you open this file up in, for example, notepad then in the new firmware, then you should see a line near the top of the html source saying something like

Version: 0203 Build: Jul  1 2014 18:58:36 Git Commit SHA: af2c64344e0998faa6989f5b622682f661faf144 Git local mods:Yes

This line does not appear in the mbed.html in the original version of the firmware.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 23 06:20:28 MST 2014
@ankys

It sounds like you are using your LPC800-MAX board with the mbed tools (rather than an offline toolchain like LPCXpresso IDE). In which case you may be better posting your issue on the forums at mbed.org rather than here.

However you should note that as far as I can tell, no version number / date stamp is available to allow you to tell which version of the firmware has been programmed into your LPC800-MAX board.

But that aside, after you have updated the firmware, removed USB, then reconnected - how does your board actually appear in Windows Device Manager? And I presume that you have installed the mbed Windows Serial port driver?

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ankys on Wed Jul 23 03:18:04 MST 2014
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I still have the same problem after updating with new MAX Firmware ( as explained in https://mbed.org/handbook/Firmware-LPC800-MAX).

Before uploading the firmware, I removed firmware.bin and replaced with 20140701_lpc11u35_lpc812_if.bin.  After this when I power cycle the board to "paste"  blinky.bin it doesn't copy.  It hangs.

When I was checking for updated MAX firmware, I still see the same firmware.bin (with old date-time stamp). Does it not updating the MAX firmware.

I am working on WinXP.

Thanks
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Wed Jul 23 01:03:24 MST 2014

Quote: LPCBum
I eventually moved away from the LPC812 MAX board in favor of the LPC812 LPCXpresso Board. The latter has much better intrinsic support from LPC and a variety of useful demos.

I'm not sure what you mean by "better intrinsic support". In particular both the LPC800-MAX and LPCXpresso812 board have LPCOpen example packages available for them:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc8xx-packages

Also note that a new version of the firmware for the MAX board is now available, which in particular should solve issues with connecting to the built-in CMSIS-DAP probe from Windows 8 hosts. You can get this via:

http://www.lpcware.com/lpc800-max

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LPCBum on Tue Jul 22 08:09:43 MST 2014
I eventually moved away from the LPC812 MAX board in favor of the LPC812 LPCXpresso Board. The latter has much better intrinsic support from LPC and a variety of useful demos.  Made sufficient progress on that platform to forget about solving the problem with MAX board altogether.

My original intent was to get familiar with the new LPC812 features (Switch Matrix, SCT, Red State, etc.) The LPCXpresso 812 board is very well supported with cookbooks and tutorials.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ankys on Tue Jul 22 06:52:34 MST 2014
Hello,
I am facing the same problem on LPC812 MAX board ""Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core. No connection to emulator device."

I am planning to use FlashMagic to update a working hex file onto 812.

From the schematics I understand that the RX,TX pins for UART0 ( to be used for ISP mode) is in REC1x08 (Arduino receptacles 0,1 respectively ). But I dont find the P0_1 coming out to make 812 go into ISP mode.

May somebody help??
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxp_apps on Thu May 01 11:18:10 MST 2014
Hi,

Can you post the device in ISP mode, and try again to connect?
Were you using
Thanks.

nxp_support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LPCBum on Mon Apr 21 09:27:32 MST 2014
I tried every conceivable variation of this without success. Either I am missing something or there is something odd about the CMSIS-DAP / mbed predisposition of this device. I've ordered a LPCXpresso 812 board from Mouser and hopefully this will put me back in business on the 812. Thanks for your help though.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat Apr 19 04:46:47 MST 2014
How about the FAQ?

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/regaining-debug-access
0 Kudos