LPC546xx: checksum offloading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546xx: checksum offloading

giusloq
Contributor III

I noticed all SDK examples don't use checksum offloading for IP, TCP, UDP and ICMP, but the hardware is capable to do this.

There's a macro in lwipopts.h named CHECKSUM_BY_HARDWARE, but it is undefined. Anyway, defining it doesn't work, because I think the driver fsl_enet.c must be changed to activate and use checksum offloading.

Could NXP provide a full example with checksum offloading enabled?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that current SDK package does not support hardware checksum feature although the Ethernet module itself supports the feature for LPC546xx family. The SDK package only supports software checksum feature in other words, the software computes the checksum for IP, UDP and TCP.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

giusloq
Contributor III

I suppose that current SDK package does not support hardware checksum feature although the Ethernet module itself supports the feature for LPC546xx family.

Yes, it is so.

The SDK package only supports software checksum feature in other words, the software computes the checksum for IP, UDP and TCP.

I already know this, indeed I asked to have a new full SDK example that shows how to configure Ethernet module for hardware checksum. I tried without success.

0 Kudos