LPC54608 Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54608 Bootloader

jordanliu
Contributor I

Do you have a bootloader sample for LPC54608 that it can check if there is a USB drive thumb which has a firmware.bin in side? If yes, it will copy the binary file to flash. If not, the board will boot from the flash. 

If you don't have sample for LPC54608? Do you have any recommendation or suggestion?

Thanks

Jordan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jordan Liu,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
The ISP USB mode can provide the similar feature as you mentioned before, you can learn the more information in the 3.1 Loading applications using USB mass storage boot (MSC class) mode section of the UM11035 lpc54608 board's user's guide.
Have a great day,

TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jordanliu
Contributor I

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I saw the 3.1 loading applications using USB

mass storage boot. It enumerates the device into a file folder at the

computer. However, I want to copy the firmware from USB disk into flash. Do

you have any other suggestion.

Thanks

Jordan

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:14 AM, jeremyzhou <admin@community.nxp.com>

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply.

To implement this application, you can follow these steps.

1. Using the usb_host_msd_fatfs demo as the template demo, which is from the LPC54608's SDK: Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools 
  2. You need to add some flash API to execute various function, for instance, erase, program flash.

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

patrickhudson
Contributor III

Hello,

Doesn't the usb_host_msd_fatfs demo using the USB libraries and drivers that are located within the application flash?

If so, don't we lose access to those usb library functions (and usb drivers) when we erase the flash in preparation for reprogramming the flash with the new firmware.bin?

I believe we need to use the usb library that is located in the rom.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos