cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54606 Deep Sleep, Internal Flash

santosh1
Contributor III

Hello, 

To wakeup LPC54606 from deep sleep while running from internal flash is is setting sufficient in the call to POWER_EnableDeepSleep call?

This the deep sleep exclude mask i am using:

#define EXCLUDE_FROM_DEEPSLEEP (SYSCON_PDRUNCFG_PDEN_SRAMX_MASK|SYSCON_PDRUNCFG_PDEN_SYSOSC_MASK|\
SYSCON_PDRUNCFG_PDEN_SRAM0_MASK|SYSCON_PDRUNCFG_PDEN_SRAM1_2_3_MASK| \
SYSCON_PDRUNCFG_PDEN_WDT_OSC_MASK)

I need to wakeup either by the UTICK interrupt for GPIO interrupts. I also have STARTERSET register fields enabled. This configuration works in the LPC54628 dev board, but does not work in a LPC54606 board that runs from internal flash. From what i understand the LPC54628 board executes from external flash. 

Would appreciate any pointers - 

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Santosh balakrishnan ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Actually, I'm still a bit confused about your question.
So I was wondering if you can clarify the below question prior to answering your question.
According to your statement, the demo works well with the LPC54628 dev board, however, it fails with the LPC54608 dev board, I'd like to know what exactly phenomenon when the LPC54608 runs the demo, whether you can introduce it in details.
In further, I'll appreciate if you can upload the demo, then I can replicate this 'issue ' on my site and it can help me to figure it out.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

santosh1
Contributor III

Jeremy, 

Thanks for the response. I wrote a test program based on the demo and ran it on the LPC54628 dev board. I was able to go in and out out deep sleep on that board. We have our board with LPC54606 and the same program does not work on our board. The main difference i have noticed between dev board implementation and our board with respect to the LPC is use of internal flash. We also don't have SDRAM, ethernet and whole host of other things that is available on the dev board, but that should not be material. 

So my question was whether i need to have any extra configuration when i use the internal flash to be able to go in and out of deep sleep. 

I will upload the code later in the day. 

Thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Santosh balakrishnan ,

Thanks for your clarification.
To figure it out, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the power_manager demo in LPC54608's SDK library, as the LPC54606 is very close to the LPC54608, I think the demo can run directly on the LPC54606, then you can measure the current value to validate whether the LPC54606 enter the deep sleep mode.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

santosh1
Contributor III

Hello, 

LPC54608 SDK example is where i started from, if i just use the example it does not exit deep sleep mode. To program the controller again,  i need to tie the ISP lines. So there is definitely another issue i am battling here, would appreciate any help in identifying the issue.

thanks

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Santosh balakrishnan

Thanks for your reply.
Whether you can introduce the testing process you did, as I'd like to replicate the 'issue' on my site.
Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

santosh1
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy, 

The test process was to take the same code in the 54608 SDK power_manager_lpc example and run that on my board. My board has LPC54606 and uses internal flash, not external flash. Other than that i did not make any changes.

Thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Santosh balakrishnan

Thanks for your reply.
I've not encountered the similar phenomenon you mentioned, the testing condition is
1. SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54608
2. OM13092 (LPCXpresso54608)

WeChat Image_20190118140825.jpg

Fig 1 OM13092

pastedImage_2.png

Fig 2

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

santosh1
Contributor III

Jeremy, 

Thanks for taking the time to verify. Does OM13092 have an internal or external flash? I have tested on OM13098 board and in that the power management code works. But on that board the controller seems to be using winbond external flash. On our board we do not have external flash, we use internal flash. Since internal flash in kept on standby on Deep Sleep, does it require any special configuration to wake back up?

Thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Santosh balakrishnan

Thanks for your reply.
1) Does OM13092 have an internal or external flash?
-- Yes, the LPC54608 has the internal flash and the power_manager runs in the internal flash.

pastedImage_1.png

Fig 1

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos