cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54102 Bootloader Jump to Application RTOS

NeoMinh
Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

I have customize bootloader for update application over RS485, hardware design using LPC54102. Address of bootloader is 0x00000000 and address of application is 0x00040000. My application run FreeRTOS and bootloader non RTOS.

This is function jump to App.

z2609768789476_1470e7ac44399085c74f940648e60380.jpg

Application can run function peripheral init and some function other but it not run at line 193

This is config memory in MCUXpresso IDE.

z2609767682294_d66d40ac6aa954163bd2f5cf366b1cb8.jpg

  

Why is application not run. What is the wrong in my code or config.

I appreciate any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @NeoMinh 

I  think that there are several aspects that we could check, this is in general:

From the bootloader side, I think that you could check the following   recommendations from this ARM post:  How to write a bootloader. Prior to performing jump to the application there are additional steps like clearing  pending NVIC interrupts, load  the vector address of the user application, make sure the CPU is in privileged mode etc.

From the core perspective ,  try to diagnose which hard fault and exceptions , you are possibly getting, as this are common reasons that stop an application to run. There is a guide from FreeRTOS  : Debugging Hard Fault & Other exceptions  and other in the community Tracking down hard faults

And , from the application image,  review if the FreeRTOS and your current application , does not require any special setting for memory, more memory resources , memory alignment etc. Try to debug and  step down into the last function that is able to run the MCU. Also, try to load simple image with a Blinky ( at 0x40000 too) with no FreeRTOS, and see if it is able to run as expected.

Please accept my apologies for the delay. 

I hope this could help.

Diego.

0 Kudos

NeoMinh
Contributor I

Hi Diego

Thank you for replying.

1. I tried update load other application image (No FreeRTOS) and it update good but fault with application image FreeRTOS.

2. I tried change jump to application function with your suggest but it doesn't change with my problem.

3. If load application image FreeRTOS by j-link then bootloader can jump to application and it run good, no hard fault or other exceptions. I checked memory  at 0x40000 when load image by j-link and RS485 but don't have any different. Application only run when load by j-link.

What's so special when load application by j-link or config flash memory ?

I look forward to your response.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @NeoMinh 

Thanks for your reply. I am very sorry for the delay on mine.

This very interesting. Unfortunately it is hard to me to tell  with certain the reason why. As I am not aware of what it is behind the Segger's J-Link flash algorithms ,and how and which exceptions did you obtained due to RS-485 load of the FreeRTOS image.

Let me know if I there is something else where I could give you feedback.

Diego.

0 Kudos