cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43xx USB0 Power Domain

dimadiman
Contributor I

Hello!

I have a problem. I worked on LPC4337 device powered by the USB bus. Power 3.3V produces a dc-dc converter TPS62067. Used Peripherals - USB interface, SPI and SPIFI (connected 2 SD card). Made a few dozen devices. With a fairly frequent use of the controllers have begun to fail. Namely, when the USB connection to the PC terminal.

I find out what goes down USB0 power domain. This domain power punches and it has a short to ground GND. Power supply to the domain through contacts and USB0_VDDA3V_DRIVER USB0_VDDA3V3. Used circuit according LPC1830_Xplorer_schematic.pdf. And if I disconnect the power from the domain of USB (desoldering ferrite), the core and the periphery of the controller function with the exception of USB interface.

What could be the reason?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I think there still be the hardware circuit issue. Could you record the USB0_VDDA3V3_DRIVER & USB0_VDDA3V3 refer voltage 3V3 with scope? And record if the TPS62067 DC-DC converter output voltage with the same drop?

Please check if that voltage drop happen during USB0 module operation?

pastedImage_1.png

Thank you for the attention.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dimadiman
Contributor I

Thanks!

Voltages were tested oscilloscope in different modes . When you turn the device into a USB port , with the read and write operations are no problems .

There is already asking questions how to connect the VBUS (+ 5V ) to the input USB0_VBUS controller . I have been connected directly to the USB socket USB0_VBUS contact. I believe this is the reason ! Fixed circuit and connected to the contact USB0_VBUS power from + 3.3V regulator .

While the test ...

0 Kudos