cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43XX use m0sub with usb

a_bet
Contributor IV

Hi to you all,
I'm working with lpclink2 and its LPC4370.
My goal is to build a multicore project where the m4 triggers the m0sub and the latter transfers data to a pc via USB.
I already have a working multicore setup, with M$ correctly triggering m0sub via IRQ.
My problem is USB. I use the LPCOpen driver provided with the usbd_rom_cdc example and it works as expected when implemented on the m4.
I want to run it from the M0sub so I took the example code and added to my m0sub application. The project compiles and the code seems to run, but actually the connection with the pc never happens.
You can look at my code here. It never executes this line.

So my question is: is it possible to use USB from m0sub? How to do so?

Labels (5)
3 Replies

a_bet
Contributor IV

Update: I tried to change the USB stack base address to 0x180004000 to have it within the memory that M0SUB can access quickly but that didn't change anything apparently.
It is still unable to connect.

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello a_bet‌,

Have you checked the LPC43xx Dual-core examples? These are built using Keil nut the implementation should be pretty similar.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330811 

LPC43XX Dual Core Examples.zip 

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

a_bet
Contributor IV

Hi alexisandalon‌;
thanks for replying.
I had hard times trying to relate to the example you linked as they are for a different toolchain and dev boards.
But in a readme among the files you sent I read there could be problem with timing to memory access when using USB.
So I thought that maybe m0sub is not working with USB due to the delay inserted by the bridge.

I'm now trying to operate the USB form m0app and working on a multicore project to do that.
Unfortunately I'm stuck since after building everything correctly I can not debug my project. You can see my new question related to that here.

If you could help with that it would be awesome.

0 Kudos