cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4370 clock speed

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mshrestha789 on Wed Mar 19 08:35:50 MST 2014
Hello friends,

Recently I got LPC Link 2 board and also got a example source code from this site "http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/lpcopen_2_04_keil_iar_nxp_lpclink2_4370.zip" . I wanted to make sure if the clock is running in its high speed (204 MHz) or not. But while entering main function it's clock value (BASE_M4_CLK) is around 150 MHz. although maximum frequency is set to 204 MHz.. Please help me to solve this.

I am using keil compiler and Keil ULINK Pro debugger.

with best regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Trung Thanh on Sat Aug 30 01:32:32 MST 2014

Quote: nerd herd
Hi,

Were you able to follow the steps I said or were you just unable to set a frequency of 204MHz? In case you couldn't figure out how to check the value SystemCoreClockUpdate() retrieves, I've included a picture to help illustrate what I mean. I'm using a simple blinky example in the peripheral projects in LPCOpen 2.12. systick.c should call SystemCoreClockUpdate() in main() and it should retrieve the current clock speed in a variable called SystemCoreClock. If you just monitor what value this is in a debug session, you should be able to see the frequency of the core. Please look at the picture here:

http://i.imgur.com/ngulzug.png

Hello!
Can you tell me step to make ADCHS working?
I flow this link but I can't get any more form them.
Now I just Know set clock for ADCHS but how to get data form them it not easy.

Link: http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lpc4370-acdhs-speed
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Tue Aug 26 13:17:00 MST 2014
Hi,

Were you able to follow the steps I said or were you just unable to set a frequency of 204MHz? In case you couldn't figure out how to check the value SystemCoreClockUpdate() retrieves, I've included a picture to help illustrate what I mean. I'm using a simple blinky example in the peripheral projects in LPCOpen 2.12. systick.c should call SystemCoreClockUpdate() in main() and it should retrieve the current clock speed in a variable called SystemCoreClock. If you just monitor what value this is in a debug session, you should be able to see the frequency of the core. Please look at the picture here:

http://i.imgur.com/ngulzug.png
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Trung Thanh on Tue Aug 26 03:00:37 MST 2014

Quote: nerd herd
Hello,

If you are using our LPCOpen software platform, you can call SystemCoreClockUpdate() and see what value it retrieves when it calls Chip_Clock_GetRate(CLK_MX_MXCORE). I believe out software platform calls SystemCoreClockUpdate() after the start up code transitions the clock frequency from the 12MHz IRC to the max 204MHz. In the debug window, just monitor the return value of Chip_Clock_GetRate(CLK_MX_MXCORE) to see what frequency you are currently running at. Hope that helps.

Hi

But i am using Keil C. and We still working with STM32. This is product we need high speed ADC so we have to use Nxp product. But Lpc4370 it a new chip and really hard to find support for me quickly to be done our project!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Trung Thanh on Tue Aug 26 02:54:08 MST 2014

Quote: mshrestha789
Hi,

I didn't see the 204 MHz clock frequency at debugger window. I used Ulink-pro Jtag debugger to verify the clock. But when I check timer1 frequency in the debugger, I see 204 MHz. So I assumed its 204 MHz. If anyone know the better way please reply.

Hi

I fllow your ideas with Keil C complier but I don't see anythings?
I used Nxp's example and Ulink2 Jtag debugger?

Please help me to check that!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Trung Thanh on Tue Aug 26 02:53:16 MST 2014
Hi

I fllow your ideas with Keil C complier but I don't see anythings?
I used Nxp's example and Ulink2 Jtag debugger?

Please help me to check that!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nerd herd on Mon Aug 25 09:04:57 MST 2014
Hello,

If you are using our LPCOpen software platform, you can call SystemCoreClockUpdate() and see what value it retrieves when it calls Chip_Clock_GetRate(CLK_MX_MXCORE). I believe out software platform calls SystemCoreClockUpdate() after the start up code transitions the clock frequency from the 12MHz IRC to the max 204MHz. In the debug window, just monitor the return value of Chip_Clock_GetRate(CLK_MX_MXCORE) to see what frequency you are currently running at. Hope that helps.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mshrestha789 on Mon Aug 25 05:56:01 MST 2014
Hi,

I didn't see the 204 MHz clock frequency at debugger window. I used Ulink-pro Jtag debugger to verify the clock. But when I check timer1 frequency in the debugger, I see 204 MHz. So I assumed its 204 MHz. If anyone know the better way please reply.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Trung Thanh on Sun Aug 24 02:02:08 MST 2014

Quote: mshrestha789
Yes I've checked that. I am using the same clock initialization file of the example code. In this code, clock first goes up to 100 MHz (which I verify through Keil debug window). Then It is set to go to 204 MHz but doesn't go up to that frequency. You can look into the code in the above link.

Are you solve your prolem?
How can you verify through Keil debug window?
Can you tell me some step to do that?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mshrestha789 on Wed Mar 19 18:57:33 MST 2014
Yes I've checked that. I am using the same clock initialization file of the example code. In this code, clock first goes up to 100 MHz (which I verify through Keil debug window). Then It is set to go to 204 MHz but doesn't go up to that frequency. You can look into the code in the above link.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rocketdawg on Wed Mar 19 09:21:54 MST 2014
read section 12.2.1  UM10503 ver 1.7 or greater
it takes several steps to ramp up the clock to 204Mhz.
0 Kudos