LPC4370 - Timed-out initializing flash & Flash driver failed to initialize errors during flash erase

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4370 - Timed-out initializing flash & Flash driver failed to initialize errors during flash erase

atilkan
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm new in NXP LPC Microcontrollers and I'm trying to program my LPC4370 board. I can works successfully with 2xLPC-link2 (One as a debug probe and another as target), but I have not been able to debug or flash programming with my own board, which is attached. 

I'm trying to erase flash with GUI Flash tool but I'm just taking Ef(34) error when boot 2 is high and Ef(50) error when boot 2 is low state. 

I would be very happy if you help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

atilkan
Contributor II

Up

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello atilkan,

Please first refer to LPC-link2 board to check your hardware of SWD, also there is a debug design consideration:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPCXpresso-IDE-FAQs/Design-Considerations-for-Debug/m-p/469565  

And pay attention, there is no internal flash with lpc4370, you need external flash.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

atilkan
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Thank you for your attention first. 

I realized after the first post, as settings are attached I can successfully debug from ram without using Flash. 

While designing my board I referenced the LPC-Link2_v3_RevB.sch. Did you check my schematic? W25Q80BVSSIG, which is also on LPC-link2, is used as an external flash but it is connected from jumpers, that's the reason why it's not seen in the schematic. When I try programming external flash via GUI Flash Tool, it can recognize it but it gives a time-out error. 

So, If I can debug on ram, what could be the problem with flash? As I said, it recognizes the flash, so it doesn't sound like to me there is a connection error with the flash.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

How about open a blinky demo under lpcopen for lpc4370, then directly debug it ,

using Debug button under "Quickstart":

Alice_Yang_0-1645693605686.png

And pay attention, before debug, delete the two .lunch files in your project:

Alice_Yang_1-1645693689864.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

atilkan
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried the blinky example as you said. You can find my steps, results, and the flash settings in the attached screenshots. I tried both ISP pin(p2_7) is grounded and not grounded, both of them give errors.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Flash_Settings.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Please choose SWD .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

atilkan
Contributor II

Selecting SWD returns "Flash driver failed to initialize" error. I have attached the console output.  Thanks.

0 Kudos