LPC4357 TFT24Bit RGB with HX8238D => driver or example?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4357 TFT24Bit RGB with HX8238D => driver or example?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Georg on Wed Apr 23 03:08:12 MST 2014
Hi,

I'am trying to get run a 4,3" TFT with HX8238D controller on a LPC4357.
TFT is connected over 24Bit RGB interface.
Alle examples for driving a TFT i found work with SPI-Interface.

Is a example or driver available to communicate with TFT over RGB interface ?

I use LPCXpresso.

THX.

Best regards.

Georg.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ghaneshwarsharm
Contributor I

Hi Georg.,

I am working on same TFT Driver can you share its sample code of libraries for this driver.

Thank You.

Best regards,

Ghaneshwar Sharma

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Georg on Thu Apr 24 06:54:07 MST 2014
Hi,

thx. It helps me to get my driver running on 16Bit.
Now i can change it to 24Bit.

Best regards.

Georg.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hlsa on Wed Apr 23 23:27:53 MST 2014
Hello Georg,

I assume that you want to use the emWin graphics library. I do have it running with the LPC4357 with a 24bit RGB interface. Please find the relevant code attached.

Some important hints:
- I am using the systick timer to generate a 1ms interrupt for "SysTick_Handler". You can also use a timer interrupt, if your systick timer is already in use.
- Check your LCD pins in LCD_X_Init.
- Adapt the LCD controller configuration in LCD_X_Init. You will find the relevant data in the datasheet of your LCD.
- I am using the SDRAM beginning at 0x28000000 as a frame buffer. If you want to use any other RAM, change this address.
- I am using multiple frame buffers (#define NUM_BUFFERS   3). This requires three times the memory space for the frame buffer. Example: My LCD has 320 x 240 = 76800 Pixels. At 24bpp each pixel requires 4 bytes. Hence the total size of one frame buffer is 230400 Bytes. 3 frame buffers require 691200 Bytes. My advice: try to get it running with one frame buffer. Add the other ones later. See emWin documentation about multibuffering.
- I am using my own file structure. E.g. I have summarized all required CMSIS header files in McuLib.h. You may want/need to adapt this to your file structure.
- Do not forget to include the emWin library to your linker. I use the iSystem Debugger instead of LpcExpresso. Hence I cannot tell you, how it is done in LpcExpresso.

Good luck,
Holger
0 Kudos