cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4330 RTC Pins

murdomcleod
Contributor I

Hi,

What should I do with the unused LPC4330 RTC pins in my design(VBAT, RTCX1, and RTCX2)?

Should I pull them low, high, or what should I connect them to?

Many thanks,

Murdo.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

When the RTC is not used, connect VBAT to VDD(REG)(3V3), I would recommend that RTCX1 be grounded since it is an input.  RTCX2 is an output, so it can be left open.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

murdomcleod
Contributor I

Hello Sol,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

In the question and response at https://community.nxp.com/thread/420015 Paul said that connecting VBAT is not required as the RTC is powered by either VDD(REG) or VBAT. I am finding it hard to route the VBAT under the already routed 256-pin BGA, so I am keen to know if it does require 3V3 or if I could leave it floating?

In the datasheet at https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/LPC4350_30_20_10.pdf (page 83, fig 9) it shows the two power rails just diode-Or'd so I wonder if VBAT needs any connection at all.

Kind regards,

Murdo.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I strongly suggest that you connect the VBAT to Vdd to avoid current Leakage.

Have a great day,
Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos