LPC4088 USB-OTG External Transceiver required?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4088 USB-OTG External Transceiver required?

amitkolekar
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to implement USB OTG on LPC4088. In user manual for OTG functionality external OTG transceiver(ISP1302) is used. LPC4088 has OTG controller. 

Is it necessary to use external transceiver for OTG functionality?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

Yes, for full OTG compliant it is necessary to add externally the OTG transceiver (ISP1302). This is in order to manage the pins Vbus & ID in addition to control "on the fly" the Host or Device stack.

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

priyankb
Contributor III

Hi soledad‌,

If I want to use the same USB port as a device & as a host when connected to PC or when pendrive is connected to board respectively, do I necessarily need to use USB transceiver for this purpose?

I will not switch host & device without detaching the the USB(device/host). So if I put my board in device mode(default configuration) & when another device is attached ID level will trigger interrupt & then I will initialize board as host by removing pull up, adding pull downs, & applying VBUS(using switches & charge pump). Again when device is detached I will reinitialize it to device by removing pull downs, VBUS, & adding pull up. Will this work?

Thank you.

Priyank.

0 Kudos