LPC4088 SPIFI with N25Q064A SPI NOR Flash Code Execution Issue...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4088 SPIFI with N25Q064A SPI NOR Flash Code Execution Issue...

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by achieveforce on Tue Jan 06 13:49:08 MST 2015
Hello,

I am having a strange issue using the SPIFI with Micron's N25Q06A SPI NOR Flash.

If I bulk-erase the whole NOR flash and then flash my "hello world" app, it runs from SPIFI NOR flash ok. But if I skip the erase and flash to run the already flashed "hello world", it crashes or spits out garbage characters.

I compared the contents of the NOR flash with the original binary. They are identical, so it is not the flashing problem.

Any thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by achieveforce on Sun Jan 11 10:14:37 MST 2015
I tried with S25FL128S as well, however the same issue happens. So, I believe there must be something being overlooked.

In either case, the SPIFI seems reading the NOR Flash contents correctly. By comparing the content with the flashing and without flashing, they are identical. When the code in the flash is executed right after it is being flashed, it runs ok. However, it does not run correctly without flashing it again.

Anyone has any hint?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by achieveforce on Fri Jan 09 08:01:46 MST 2015
Hi,

In either case, there is no debugger attached.

I noticed people are using S25FL parts without issue with LPC43xx. Not sure if it is true to LPC4088 though. I am suspecting if the N25Q has anything special in it, but I just don't have enough evidence/knowledge about what that could be, hence not sure if N25Q part has issue with SPIFI. Anyone has experience with this combination?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by achieveforce on Fri Jan 09 07:58:10 MST 2015
Can anyone help on this issue? Did you see any difference in using the N25Q with SPIFI from other flash part?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Wed Jan 07 12:37:01 MST 2015
Hi achieveforce,
Does it work with and without debugger?
0 Kudos