LPC4088 Display Module has SPIFI program verification error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4088 Display Module has SPIFI program verification error

IschaSpark
Contributor I

When the LPC4088DM arrives from the reseller EmbeddedArtists, a demo application is shown when powered on. This firmware is replaced by our Bootloader which uses the SPIFI residing in ROM to write our application in the MX25L128 flash memory.

Since dec 2020  we encounter problems while programming the MX25L128: when writing a 4K block the SPFI returns the address as an error code, this means that the verification has failed for that program operation. Reading the contents learns that only 0x200 bytes are successfully written, the remainder is erased (0xFF).

This errornous state of the 4K block can be achieved by erasing this block, or issue a mass erase with the MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.0_2200 (error also occurs with latest MCUXpressoIDE_11.3.0_5222)

The temporary workaround is to program the application from the IDE, afterwhich the MX25L128 flash memory never reports this verification error regardless of subsequent power cycles.

This phenomenon is keeping me busy for quite some days, can you help us out and answer the following:

1. In which state is the MX25L128  when it only writes 0x200 bytes when  programming 4K
  2. What has been changed last year in the supply of the MX25L128 flash memory?
  3. Why is the bootloader using the SPIFI ROM API? DAPLINK seems to use a lower level API
  4. Why does the SPIFI ROM api detect MX25L12835F (vendor type)) as the flash chip and writes 4K blocks?
  5. Why does the IDE report MX25L12835E as the flash chip and writes 16K blocks?
  6. How are the 4K block erased when the DEMO is written by DAPLINK?
  7. How are the 16K block erased when our application is written by IDE that invokes LPC40xx_SPIFI_GENERIC.cfx?
  8. - Can you provide the sources of the used SPIFI ROM API?

Any answers, hints, tips or tricks are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Ischa

0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ischa,

It came to our attention that you have also opened a support ticket. Please check your e-mail or the ticket on your NXP profile and follow up there.

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

IschaSpark
Contributor I

Dear Gustavo,

In your email replay you state "The LPC4088DM is manufactured and supported by Embedded Artists, so we cannot comment on the changes made to the board or to its components over time.''

I already addressed this issue with Embedded Artists and will await their answers (if any)...

Best regards,

Ischa