cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1788: Device not recognized

agonzalez
Contributor II

Hey guys, total LPC newb here.

So I'm trying to get started on the LPC1788 board and run some code. I've installed the LPCXpresso IDE and the drivers that are included. I've connected the board and made sure there's power to it. Also it's running the sample code it ships with (Fur Elise, blinking lights, etc) but when I go to debug any new project (periph_blinky or periph_timer), the error window pops up with "no emulators found."  I go into device manager and notice the board is listed as "FT232R USB UART." I feel like this is not correct.

I've been struggling for a few days trying to just send basic code to the board, but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Could someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As far as I am aware, there are no LPC1788 boards that have a built in debug probe. Thus to download and debug your test applications from LPCXpresso IDE, you will need to obtain a debug probe - such as an LPC-Link2 : LPC-Link2|NXP 

For more information on debug probe support, please read the supplied LPCXpresso IDE User Guide, or see: Which debug probes are supported by LPCXpresso IDE with which MCUs? 

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Please check here to download EA LPC1788 Evaluation Board user manual.

There with program Download guide at chapter 5.4.

More resource about EA LPC1788 Evaluation Board could be found here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos